Sunday, August 7, 2005

Wyoming, Pervert Slammin', and Other Recreation

So after finishing up the gig in Montana, off to Wyoming, for a bit o' camping in the high desert before moving on to the next job in Washington. What can I tell you, I'm into remote areas. I don't much like people in the first place, so there's general mutual agreement that the further away from them I get, the better off we all are.

Yeah, I took the picture. These things (antelope) are Paris-Hilton-class (borderline retarded) animals noteworthy for gamey meat, astounding, extreme-high-speed, cartoon-like "sproing" getaways, and binocular vision.

Well, I don't know if that's what they actually call it -- I only know that when I was hunting them, I needed a flat-shooting, very long range rifle, 'cause you can't get within 200 yards of them during hunting season, and even then only with considerable sneak-and-peek, crawling-through-the-brush effort. In fact, 200 yards is rather a theoretical distance, as when you see them at that range, they've already been watching you for about a half hour and they're rapidly accelerating to about 60MPH. Incidentially, they actually seem to know the dates for hunting season, since they generally just cautiously ignore humans altogether the rest of the year. Thus the photo.

At any rate, I got myself up into the boonies, and took a few pix:

Dawn View From The Campsite


Horizon 23 Miles Out -- Zero Humans
(Other Than The Beneficiary Whuppin' Up Breakfast)

On days like that, you understand the value of having a state like Wyoming. With a population of around 450,000, Wyoming's got fewer people than in a respectable-sized suburb of a medium-grade city, and they're mostly clustered up in a few small towns. This leaves truly vast swaths of countryside empty, giving a true population density of, roughly, zero per square mile. Better yet, much of it is this type of country, which most people find to be rather -- uhmm -- barren, which keeps them away, but which I quite like.

Anyhow, back down out of the desert, and hit the web off a library computer -- my KID PERVERT HAS STOPPED BLOGGING! I'd like to take credit for it, but I can't imagine what...aw fuck it, I WILL take credit for it. No doubt when he discovered that someone with such urbane wit and laze fare live-and-let-live attitude as myself found him to be a despicable sack of monkey shit, he knew he'd stepped over the line and decided on the better part of valor by retreating back under the rock, and taking the rest of his scumbag readership with him. Or, alternately, he's in jail, or (keeping a happy thought!) has finally gotten around to sticking a pistol in his mouth.

In any case -- I win. Fuck ya', perv.

In Our Next Episode: After my success turning my pervert into a whiny, wire-whipped little bitch, I continue my public service campaign to clean up the rest of the world, beginning with the Worst "Village Inn" Ever (Hi, North Platte!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!