...for those of you interested in that sort of thing. She's back to near 100%, I'm feeling more grounded than for awhile, I'm working a gig that's turned practically full time, and just got offered another that pays about twice what this one does and is about 180 degrees more attuned to my specialty area.
I had a birthday fairly recently, and am surprisingly sanguine about it, which was doubtless helped along by a couple of birthday presents that made me smile - one from an out-of-town friend who got me a one-of-a-kind, handmade, exactly what I wanted piece of art and one from part of my old crew, who gave me an official t-shirt from the outlaw bike club he's with now, which is tres cool. (They're trying to get me to prospect, and I won't do it - I'm tired of following rules, prospects ALWAYS get hurt too bad, and I'm too old for that shit.)
And virtually none of the rest of the world realized I had one (a birthday, that is,) which is also tres cool. You'll note I even used French there a couple of times without mumbling "fucking faggots" under my breath. I'm practically a poster child for mellow tolerance this week.
And it's thanks to a lot of stuff and a lot of people, but mostly to the fact that she didn't leave me - or wasn't taken, as you will. I may tell you all about it someday. Or not. But the short version is that I got one of those glimpses of eternity that seem to speckle my life, and as always, I've stepped back with a realization of how much all .... this .... just doesn't matter all that much, really. I'll get over that again and pretty soon, too.
And I know that certain of you don't give a rat's ass buttered and toasted on a cinnamon roll about any of that, so this is for you:
I love instant-upload digital cameras combined with youthful spontaneity / impulse control issues.
All is right with the world.
In Our Next Episode: I'm thinking fiction piece. I mean, I lie all the time anyway, but not that - actual fiction, y'know, the made up shit. Which is kind of a lie, with permission, I guess. What's y'all's pleasure? (No, sir, just zip that thing back into your pants and back up a couple of steps. I meant "what's your pleasure to read?")
It's hard to grasp what you are going through. I don't have the experience. Oddly or coincidentally, another couple is in a similar boat.
ReplyDeleteA retired and dear co-worker and his wife subscribe to our local symphony orchestra's Thursday night concerts, and as another subscriber, I have the pleasure of bumping into them there. She's been in and out of hospital this year and is now scheduled for surgery, and with her history of cancer, it is hard to take such things easily. I notice that it isn't her possible death that bothers me, but his grief. I simply do not wish it for him, and so I hope and pray that the doctors find the problem and solve it.
And there you have something in common with this other husband: I do not wish any grief for you.
Write what you know: Rebel bikery, glimpses into eternity, and spontaneously exhibitionist redheads. Just have it make sense so we know it's fiction.
ReplyDeleteI'm VERY glad to hear the cosmos has returned to its correct orientation, I just don't to get all bandwagony about it.
Thanks, Keera. Things are actually almost back to normal now, except both of us are a lot more cognizant of how unpredictable day to day stuff is. I actually almost hope we don't lose that. Makes even annoying or boring time a considerable bit more tolerable, and makes the good stuff better, most of which seems to be based in not spending so much time trying to get to whatever's next. Ha! Philosophy. From me. Good God, how ridiculous is that?
ReplyDeleteDon sez: "Just have it make sense so we know it's fiction."
That made me laugh - not sure I'm capable of it. You've read my stuff, right? Ha!
Happy belated birthday! I'm glad things are OK. Wishing you and your loved ones mucho mas good health and happies.
ReplyDelete