Saturday, August 11, 2012

Nothing New...

Just beating my brains out writing and watching an old-school broad on TV break my heart...Veronica Lake, one of a couple of inspirations for my bike's name.



In Our Next Episode: We discuss why they don't make 'em like that anymore, and are instead foisting this sort of thing on us, as if they're even in the same species:


Also, I demonstrate a new procedure: I had some spare time, and developed a mathematical formula based on my observations of what happens to people when it's hot outside:
1. They slow down;
2. They seem half-asleep;
3. They drive like they're brain damaged.
I noticed they get worse as it gets hotter, and I was finally able to boil it down to a fairly simple formula to tell what the temperature actually is based on observations of people around me. Today, for example, based on the degree of slow-motion traffic 'tardness observed, it was 314°F.

4 comments:

  1. My gal whom I refer to as S or Sunny reminds me of Veronica Lake at times, the way her blonde hair falls. What's really cool, though, is she knows who Veronica Lake is. That alone makes points these days. Who's that other doxie? I'm gonna guess a Gaga-ism, from the hair, but it's just a guess.

    We got it hot too -- 107F today, and it ain't THAT dry a heat -- and I well remember my biking days and how being in a thermal sandwich made of sun-soaked asphalt on one side and a hard plastic bowl on the other just wasn't any fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whachoo writin'?

    (also, on the phone, your blog is all white with delicate light grey highlights and that cracks me up every time! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still working on the piece I got during my bike ride last week.

    As usual, it was beautiful, satiny glitter and near-perfect color when it was scooped new and wet fresh out of the gravel streambed. Now it's dry and dull, maybe ordinary; it has to be hammered and cut and endlessly worked and polished before it can even be known whether it was worth finding in the first place.

    Pain in the ass, is what it is. I like to write. I fucking hate writing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. UGH. I commented earlier from my stupid phone and the reply isn't here.

    All I said was this:

    It's good you're writing. If it doesn't come easy for me, I don't write it.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!