Friday, February 21, 2014
Week #8: Into The Dark
Going to be out of town for a few days doing a thing.
Decided to take the opportunity to drop completely offline for a bit, go completely dark - no email, no blogs, no FaceBook -- nada. Gonna power down the machines and leave them cold for the first time in years.
I'm going to see if I can make 72 hours or so. At least that, I think. Longer if the mood moves me. Unplugging is a new thing for me. Sort of unplugging, I guess, in the interest of full disclosure. I'll always have my phone/text, for a variety of reasons that are unalterable, but am disabling the email accounts and walking away from the machines: I'm interested to see how it works.
Or if it will. See ya' Sunday night.
Or, maybe, later, if I like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Wussie.
ReplyDeleteThat's not dark. That's only a shade of gray. Try going for a week and being completely unleashed.
<ggg>
Have fun!
LOL @ shade of gray!
ReplyDeleteSlash, you've inspired me to cut back a tad on cyberlife. I just X'd out of a timesink site. Not gonna get all radical and leave FB, emails, etc. That's crazy talk.
See ya on the flipside!
I found out if I keep my electronics off for a few hours before I go to sleep, my eyes and mind are much quieter. I know that because after I have some nights like that, I'll watch something or faff around online right before sleep and it feels like my brain and eyeballs are being shocked with static electricity repeatedly. The anxiety I feel when I really unplug like you're doing lasts at least a full 24 hours. Wanting to "just check," etc. pelts me. Anyway, it creates space for me that sometimes I like and sometimes I can bear.
ReplyDelete