Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The 5th Stage and What You May Have Missed In Your Life

I don't normally do song lyrics. I mean, click on YouTube and listen to the damned thing, am I right? But now and then the words say more than the music, and get drowned in the production, or just aren't noticed, or… Whatever. So, in violation of my long-standing prohibition is the following. 

Extra Note: For those of you who've never had one of these in your life, you've missed out big time and I'm sorry for you. For those of you who still have one (or more) in your life, my deepest and most sincere sympathies.

I'll not acknowledge those who claim they "used to have had one" — there's no such thing.


UPDATE: Well, shit, that was close. Wrote it last night. Was deep in Ambien. Lyrics. Not just lyrics, lyrics with life points and pithy junk scattered around. Just WTF was I thinking?

All I really remember about writing it was deciding to delay publication until 10:00 PM tonight to give me a chance to edit it, 'cause even ripped to the tits I know my editing skills suck when I'm on the tabs. Of course, I forgot writing it altogether.

Tonight I opened up Scrivener, and immediately saw an extra chapter/entry. As soon as I saw it I remembered, and I jumped over here. No, not quite right. I remembered I'd been writing as fast as I could chivvy the keyboard into responding. So I speed-read it and said "shit, shit, shit, shit" and THEN jumped over here. Pulled the plug on the post with about 3 minutes to spare.

Fucking Ambien.

I left a little chunk up above so you can see how close you were to being immersed in this sort of maudlin crapola. But I've thrown myself on the grenade, just for you. You're welcome.

In Our Next Episode:  I stop going through old YouTube videos (I even posted one on FaceBook earlier today before I found this, for chrissakes) and go do something useful. Or write another piece. Have I told you the one about the time I did that thing with those guys and stuff happened and the Beneficiary was either going to leave me or shoot me in our driveway? There were some nice tits and colorful language involved. Not the Beneficiary's. Not her tits I mean. Although hers are very nice, in case there was any question about that. Some of the colorful language was hers. It was all very confusing. Anyhow, seems like you'd remember. Let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!