I'm late tonight and have to work tomorrow, so stuff I have to say will have to wait until later. But this -- I came in well after sundown from a long ride up across the border and down into the river bottoms. Had just parked and happened to glance up -- I've never seen a sky that color before. Picture is obviously worked for a variety of reasons, but it is NOT color-corrected in any way.
Some odd confluence of roiling clouds ahead of a storm and the last fractional bit of light reflecting up from the well of the sun made this near-black indigo sky...and I now have a short story in mind.
In Our Next Episode: Fewer selfies. It just occurred to me for no apparent reason that there's a woman here who was once wrapped in that leather jacket on a cool evening...

No comments:
Post a Comment
Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!