Sunday, January 6, 2019

So Then. Wordpress.

Since y'all spend an inordinate amount of time bitching about it, I've gone ahead and switched over to WordPress. So far I hate it. Unless I want to put up money, it will only let me code the most basic stuff, limits my fonts, and generally makes the whole thing something that any eighth-grader who wants to put up a Barbi blog would lust after. Those of us who'd rather code our own stuff, use our own fonts, and realize our own Vision (yes, that's capitalized) but don't want to host a WP.org site nor pay for permission to use a wad of plug-ins of uncertain value were happy with Blogger, thanks, where we can code the whole friggin' thing if we want.

However, as we all know, I'm a slave to public opinion. So WordPress it is. Gawd what I put up with for you people.

I'd better see a tidal flood of comments and whatnot now that the evil Blogger is no longer an issue.

Go here: asbestosdust.wordpress.com

When you get there, you'll have the standard front page — at the top of the page will be this:





The magnifying glass is, of course, "Search". The "Three Lines Thinger" displays an archive, an "About The Author" page, and a "Follow" button for you WordPressOnaughts. Click on any as appropriate or as the mood moves you.



I got tired of keeping track of four or five blogs that got started every time I got my nose out of joint and decided to start over, and the various inevitable overlaps so I just date-sorted it and put the whole shitteree in one place, back to about April 2004, I think. Should be enough there to  horrify anyone who cares to look. As far as I can tell there are somewhere between 600 and 700 entries — cleaned up the duplicates, mostly, but I anticipate that there are going to be some font display problems and whatnot now and again. Because I hand-coded stuff. WHICH YOU CAN'T FUCKING DO WITH WORDPRESS, did I mention? Tough. If something's unreadable, move on.

This changeover is a fairly major project, but I'm keeping a backup Blogger file in the event I get tired of screwing with WP. We'll see how it goes.

I'll just be over here not keeping track of hit counters or anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!