In short, the Cheeto stays in office until someone who's NOT a half-wit, brain-damaged, felonious, commie rapist or rapist apologist who has an actual grasp on the concept of America manages to make their way through the cynical, criminal shell-game of pretend Democratic primaries to run against him.
We've been here before. A woman told me last time out that "a vote for Trump is a vote against sexual assault survivors!" and asked how I could face the females in my family. No policy. No politics. No how the opponent would be better. Just that single, sole, over-riding issue that she was trying to use the women I love to shame me into an apology for my dastardly misogyny. NOW she says "I believe Tara Reade, and Joe Biden is horrible, but I'll still vote for him!"
Yeah, she should feel free to approach me again with the "morality" of a vote, or how what's going on in her mind transforms HER vote for a perceived rapist shithead into justification while MY vote is anathema for EXACTLY THE SAME REASON.
Perhaps it's a matter of degree? Perhaps Uncle Creepy hasn't raped as many as the other guy, or has specialized in only harassing regular women on his staff instead of strippers and gold-diggers so now he's the new gold standard of male sensitivity? No?
Well, golly, perhaps then it's the fact that the evidence against him is only astoundingly more salient than any of the half-assed, zero-fact-based rumors that dogged Kavanaugh from out of NOWHERE but suddenly don't apply to multiply-attested accusations that have been around for years? Bet that's it, right?
Pfft. So much for the difference between "right" and "wrong", or "make or break decisions" when expediency is on the line. Preach to me some more, progressives and Dems, about your moral upper ground. These people would, and I mean this literally, vote for Xi Jinping, if he was running against Trump mostly because they're still pissed that their LAST cheating, pandering, criminal, rapist-justifying Designated Successor got her ass handed to her.
Don't believe it? Look around at the entire "High Principled" wild-eyed, revolutionary-progressive, left-wing, "reform or death" nutjobs out on the fringe of the party scrambling to kiss His Holiness's ring for table-scraps and first dibs on the dumpster dive now that he's the shoo-in candidate. Ugh.
Yeah, MY morality is the problem.
This whole thing reeks of a conversation I had with a lawyer once about the shady reputation of an "expert" that was going to testify in court. Her response: "Yeah, he's a whore, but he's OUR whore."
Couldn't have said it better myself.
![]() |
| Politician Negotiating For A Vote |
To be honest, I've lately been looking at Justin Amash (I-MI). He's just announced he's gonna be running a third-party Libertarian campaign, which means he hasn't got a real shot, I don't imagine, but after less than a month out and about is up to about 9% in millennial polls, which is -- not bad. I ain't waving his flag yet, but so far he seems to mean what he says and doesn't give much of a crap whether it's good for him or not. He's also the only politician I know of who's tweeted a link about himself from the Onion -- now that's a guy with a sense of humor. Try and imagine that thin-skinned twat in the White House doing that.
Amash will certainly step on his own dick sooner or later, but so far, I've seen a lot worse...in fact, NOTHING but worse…
https://www.theonion.com/5-things-to-know-about-justin-amash-1843286406
So, anyone care to climb up on their moral high ground and explain to me why I should take a break from my near-life-long battle for women to blush when I look the women in my life in the face with THIS one? No? I thought not. 'Cause apparently, THAT standard was chucked out and left for dead in the barrow-ditch alongside a dazed Tara Reade WAY back there along the lumpy road of political horseshit.
And that's it. No more politics. Count this as an aberration. As we can see from Fandango's writing, there is literally and absolutely nothing more boring on earth than banging on about a single subject (in his case Trump) ad nauseum. We get it. You don't like him. You're all outraged and shit. Move the fuck on.
Vote for who you want. Or stay home, as it suits you. I don't give a crap, to be honest. But y'all can get over looking down your oh-so-superior noses at MY choices. We're all in the same rancid shitpile, and make no mistake.

I forgot about Fandango. Haven't read him in months. Nice guy and all. I just can't follow someone who posts EVERY DAMN DAY unless it's Paula. And while he is to the leftward of me, I don't care about that. I'm to the leftward of me, or who I used to be, so there's little enough I can say.
ReplyDeleteI'm less concerned about sexual shenanigans of men in power (because that's just too new a phenomenon for us to grasp as yet) than I am about the continuous shifting upwards of wealth and power, and while the Republicans have made that their mission they are by no means the only practitioners of the art. This country has gotten sick, and that's a weird thing to say for someone who grew up thinking Vietnam was the worst of conundrums. We hadn't seen nothin' yet. Probably still haven't.
It's possible I will vote as I did in 2012. That year, I looked at Obama and Romney and left the President part of the ballot blank. A last-minute decision, that, and thoroughly valid. The local races are where your vote really counts anyway. We should ALWAYS participate in local issues. President? Bah. They're all members of the same shitty club. Though I do look forward to some of these new firebrand women of color getting into position. We need a revolution. Eat the rich. I'm all for it. What the fuck. (It is not unfair to point out the only reason I'm not on the other side of the fence, where people vote to protect their own interests, may be that I fucked mine up. Now that I'm all poor and downtrodden and shit, I'm right behind them as they run to the barricades. Rah rah. Hey gimme some of that loot. Wait, then I'm still protecting my own interests. Well, fancy that.)
"I'm still protecting my own interests...." Your understanding of that is your first step back into the light. It is, after all, the basis of all politics, and anyone who tells you different is either full of shit or trying to con you.
ReplyDeleteIncluding, oddly enough, those sad-sacks who get their nipple-popping, panty-wetting, dick-stiffening jollies being nailed to their self-constructed crosses of white liberal guilt. Throughout history, people trying to get to heaven by self-flagellating and wearing sackcloth and ashes remain a significant but still-deviant self-interest group, as mysterious as other bizarro groups who get their jollies dressing up as furries or wearing spikes in their dicks or fucking dolphins, handling snakes, hanging out with Westboro Church, or whatever.
Some are so "into" it that they'll pretend to give everything away and walk the earth in their Jesus-jumper sandals, and take the nails while their shining eyes cast orgasmically to heaven and they shout on FaceBook "See? I'm worthy after all!"
Kung-Fu's Kane for the modern age. Well, whatever rings your bell, sweetie.
But, truthfully most just talk the talk from behind their comfy, well-fed computer enclaves and occasionally attend some slactivist rah-rah gathering that they can pat themselves on the back about and swap smug little vignettes with the rest of their over-entitled, over-bored, over-guilted, cartoonishly-hypocritical silo. What they "believe" is what matters. Pfft.
Mind you, they're not bashful about burbling their moralizing "my shit don't stink, but SHAME! on YOU!" calls to action to the rest of us, telling everyone else to give up what they have to help out whatever constituency they're currently bottom-bitching for, but I don't seem 'em giving up anything but their otherwise valueless time to lip service of the ideal.
My answer to them is always the same: You First. Move that fat-assed generational welfare street junkie and her already-lost, criminal sprogs into YOUR house or the apartment next door, and support them until she sorts her shit out with your money and caring assistance, and I'll be impressed. Sign over half YOUR paycheck to support someone who hasn't gotten around to earning any. Next time you and your family decide to vacation for a week or two, be sure to load a pile of the local po' fo'k into the camper with you. If you and yours are eating a meal without some rank-assed psychotic street hobo sharing the table with you ARE YOU REALLY DOING ENOUGH?
Till then, tell me and mine to do it because you "believe" it? Yeah, good luck with that.