Thursday, August 20, 2020
Oh, Look, The Hummingbirds Are Back...
Was stumbling around half-awake getting coffee and noticed between four and six hummingbirds battling it out over the morning sugar-water outside my kitchen window. Hadn't seen them in awhile -- one of them had a bright ruby throat, which I was totally unable to photograph because -- well, hummingbirds.
I had a dizzying shot of deja-vu for no apparent reason, and watched them for about 1/4 hour. It made me smile, and I've been in a pensively good mood since. (This is not an oxymoron -- good moods can accompany deep contemplation.)
Amazing what unexpected small things will re-gear your entire day if you're just paying attention. Maybe I was primed for it by a good vacation. Who knows? But I am kind of curious how long this genial mindset will last.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!