Sunday, March 21, 2021

The Part I Care About

 As a heavily introverted, secretive, stand-offish social maladroit with a long history of not bothering to put up with more than a minuscule fraction of the overflowing slop-bucket of humans, COVID restrictions have only marginally impacted me one way or the other. Present company excluded, of course, for whichever chunk of that sentiment gets anyone's hackles up.

My attitude (or at least public persona) in general can be summed up as:

"Oh, wait, you mean I can't spend my time clotting up into a social pile of dumbasses I'm expected to pretend to get along with? Yeah, go ahead and break MY heart."

Or as Uncle Remus would have it, "Please Br'er Fox, whatever you do, don't throw me in that briar patch."

The Beneficiary and I have had our COVID shots (Pfizer for her, Moderna for me) and the follow-up shots, and have waited the two weeks (or in my case almost two months) after getting them to make sure they took while limiting our outside contacts to near-zero.

Which meant that we could babysit our great-granddaughter for 24 hours while the granddaughter and her husband took a break.

Quck Nap While Hanging Onto A Fistful Of GGP's Shirt



…and THAT'S the part I care about one way or the other…

Tag this one "Life Is Good, Thanks."

3 comments:

  1. Not QUITE as severe as your attitude, but yeah, basically. IDGAF if I can't go to some event with 1000 obnoxious germy people screaming in my face. Concerts, yuck. Fairs, yuck. Conventions, yuckyyuckypoo. I do miss my small gatherings of 6-10 people for dinner and games. And of course the girls and my grands. Have seen them a bit, but that's not enough. Glad you guys have your shots and can hang out with yours. You know what I miss? Just getting a coffee in Starbucks (or wherever) and sitting in the cafe watching the peeps. Idk why, but I miss that, maybe it's because it slows the pace. Now, it's jet to an errand, spend as little time there as I can, and zoom back home to dodge the cooties. Meh on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No shots yet. Don't care. But when social events require I say I had my shots, I'll want to have had them. I ain't the introvert I spent most of my life believing I was, which is a two-sided knife let me tell you.

    Grands and great-grands, dang. At this rate, to be a great-grandfather I'll have to live to 110 at least. It must be wonderful to have a great-grandchild. I honestly think my mother is hanging on so well so she can meet one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's pretty fancy. The granddaughter was watching me play with the GGD and laughed -- said she remembered when I looked at HER like that. Evidentially I'm more predictable than I thought...

      Delete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!