Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Trigger Memory

 “It is not that I have no past. Rather, it continually fragments on the terrible and vivid ephemera of now.”
-Samuel R. Delany
Going through a bunch of old postings for a variety of reasons (OK, I was looking for some pearl of wisdom I excreted some time back) and realized that I used to have a variety of commenters on this blog and elsewhere who have either disappeared or are so rarely seen they’re almost transparent. Just life, I suppose, but still…

Don and Paula are still around, and Gekko makes an appearance off and on. Keera turns up, but rarely, and PJ — well, I see her elsewhere now and again, although she seems to have disappeared from the net.

Teacake and Hope and Serenebabe and Throckey and Stan and Wayne and Sylvia and the Donnas… well, there are a lot. And I even liked most of them which, for me, is faintly astonishing given that in any crew of three or more it’s near-certain that I’ll only have the patience to deal with one or two.

Wonder where they all got off to. Hope they’re doing reasonably well, or if not, that at least they had a mostly good run.

 


3 comments:

  1. They're all on FB, or most of 'em, but that place is a big bore. I took a 2-year break and it's just not the same now; I rarely feel inclined to engage in a long convo. Couple comments here & there... enough. I used to update my status daily with stupid shit, pics, quotes, etc. Now? Meh. I feel more of a connection to bloggers I've "met" fairly recently than the MW crew. Though I do like chatting with Serenebabe on Twitter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, flushing FB, while totally worth it, put a crimp in interactions with anyone who are FB-centric, and I was never a Twitter/Insta/WhateverTheCurrentFlavorIs kinda guy. Ah, well. If you run across any of 'em that seem useful, tell 'em I said "hey" (Southern for "Jolly Good To See You Old Chap, Well Met, And How Are You?")

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "...anyone who are..."? Seriously? Bleedin' Haysus. I'd fix it if editing comments was easy. Now it will just have to annoy me till the end of time.

      Delete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!