The "Ugly Meter" app for IPhone is an app that does nothing - it just takes a picture of a face, goes through some monkey motion, and comes up with a totally random number (so far I'm between a 0.2 and a 9.7). It is, in short, a joke app.
But:
Stephen Balkam, CEO of the Washington-based Family Online Safety Institute says,
"For impressionable young teens and tweens, it could potentially be quite damaging, it could be used in cyberbullying."
OK, let me say this about that.
First, I'm so sick of this "someone told my kid that sunshine and happy rays don't beam out of his ass 24/7, so he's being bullied" horseshit that I can't even BEGIN to tell you, and counting this as a potential "bullying" thinger is just exactly an example of what I'm talking about. So just kiss my ass, you goofy turd.
Second -- well, no, there is no second. Just kiss my ass, you and your whiny, delicate little flower of a child, who,incidentally, scored the world's first "11" on the ugly meter. I didn't even know it would go that high. Tell him/her/it that he/she/it should hide in his/her/its computer/rainbow pony room/pit of despair to keep from inflicting him-/her-/it-self on actual humans, all of whom are better than him/her/it in every possible way.
In Our Next Episode: Tomorrow's Headline! Obama Whines That Republicans Are Bullying Defenseless Nerdy Democrats, Demands Legislation.
(Substory:
"Bullied To Death: The Sad Political Life Of Nancy Pelosi")
Nice of you to tell the parents, but who's going to tell the kids? (I grant you, somebody should have told them when they were 5, not 15.)
ReplyDelete