Sunday, July 10, 2011

Had Someone Impressed With My Pic Taking Skills, So...

Here's another:

Estimated Walk Time To Next Human: Between 3 Days and a Week

Any of y'all who have been following me for awhile may recognize the area as being around our usual campsite when we're up on the desert (not far from where the photo of me on the rock was taken, actually...)

Click on the pic to biggify it, if you're interested.

In Our Next Episode: Less desert, more wisdom nuggets. Or nuggets of some sort.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely impressed. In part because the geography is so foreign to me, though there's something strangely familiar on some kind of (as you might say) lizard-brain level. Interesting.

    Thanks for posting it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, we've camped mountains, and forests, and lakes, and streams - and we keep coming back to this. Not sure why, but generally a vacation's not complete if we didn't spend at least a couple of days and a night on the desert. More, if we can get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lived in the Mojave as a little girl. Looking at this picture, I can smell the desert again. I miss it. The silence. The wind. The chapped lips.

    Where is this vast stretch of pristine dryness?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keera - The Red Desert, in Southwest Wyoming.

    According to the internet: "This 6 million acre region of southwestern Wyoming is the largest unfenced area left in the Lower 48, and one of the harshest, most remote, impressively extreme environments left in the United States. For scale, think Denali National Park big, though the landscape and wildlife is much different. Also contains the largest active sand dune system in the United States."

    Uhmmm...OK. I was raised there, and never thought of it in fancy terms like that. I just like it.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!