Thursday, October 3, 2013

So Last Year...

I got conned into participating in NaNoWriMo yet again. And, yet again, I wound up with a spectacular unraveling crash that failed to completely burn up on re-entry. It didn't even make a clean crater, since it fell apart like a cardboard suitcase, scattering ugly chunks everywhere as its orbit decayed.

It was pretty horrible, even by my standards.

2012 NaNoWriMo Result
Nearly 1700 words per day for a month. Nope. No time for that this year, not even a glimmer of ability to make enough time, either. I have no ideas, no backbone to a story I want to write, no desire to kill myself over something that doesn't really mean anything. Fuck it. I ain't doing it, and you can't make me.

Realistically, I'd probably go ahead and do it anyhow, because, as with most people, I haven't got nearly enough misery in my life, but I lost my username and password for the site and I'm damned sure not setting up another account. So, no NaNo for me this year, and that's the end of it.

UPDATE: Indulging my utter inability to "leave well enough alone," I just checked an old encrypted password storage area.

Found it.

Well, crap.

4 comments:

  1. Well, let's be honest. It was a stupid reason anyway.

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. But it was the only one I could come up with, so I pinned all my hopes of blowing off NaNo this year on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, so I won't erase you yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Knew you were gonna. All that spreadsheetiness only had one possible outcome. :)

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!