Monday, July 14, 2014

Week #26: Offline


So, anyhow, the wife told me the other day that I'm addicted to the internet, which is bullshit, of course, as there are 24 hours in a day and I'm only online for about 15 of it.

No, wait.

OK, I see where she might think that.

Anyhow, I'm going on vacation in August, and my internet access will be extremely limited. Gonna be out on the desert and suchlike. And since I have no desire to spend vacation with cramps, sweats, shitting myself, and trips to the ER for Valium super-push IVs, I'm gonna break it up now.

So, y'all aren't going to see me for a couple of weeks. Starting tonight at midnight and thru at least the morning of the 28th, the only online I'll be doing is what I need to do on the job, as well as email checks to make sure I don't miss anything REALLY important.

FaceBook and recreational use of the machine is gonna be shut off altogether. Then, after a couple of days back, gone on vacation for a week or two.

It'll be fine. Take a breath -- I'll be along.

Oh, I'll be writing in general, and at least some for this blog, too -- but I may not post any of it till I get back "online." We'll see.

Doubt anyone will miss me over on FB, but if they do, tell 'em I'll be back around. Now THERE'S some good news.

2 comments:

  1. Everyone's addicted to the internet.

    Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! I know I'd get a lot more writing done if I wasn't addicted to social media. Later, d00d.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!