"Quod Obstat Viae Fit Via"
(What Obstructs The Way Becomes The Way)
Thursday, April 16, 2020
Plague Journal -- Year 0, Day 45
Just out and about being expendableessential. Story of my life. And you?
(Yes, you've seen it before -- it's one of the facemasks I use when I'm riding, and meets the mandatory minimums of the job -- e.g., blocking/soaking up invisible corona-saturated floating snot/spit bubbles, incoming or outgoing.)
Naw, not me. I'm more in the "how we haven't had a virus crawl up out of central Africa or Asia and kill about 3/4 of us in six months or so anyhow is a complete fucking mystery to me" camp. Everyone's gonna die sooner or later, and for the stupid ones, it's likely to be sooner. In general, the failure to understand that "everyone" thing is the root of most upfuckery in the world. The main difference is that the compressed time scale inherent in the "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" virus will at least thin out traffic for a generation or two, and I'm always thumbs-up for that.
So you're not down at your state capitol screaming about how wearing a facemask makes you a communist? Good, good.
ReplyDeleteNaw, not me. I'm more in the "how we haven't had a virus crawl up out of central Africa or Asia and kill about 3/4 of us in six months or so anyhow is a complete fucking mystery to me" camp. Everyone's gonna die sooner or later, and for the stupid ones, it's likely to be sooner. In general, the failure to understand that "everyone" thing is the root of most upfuckery in the world. The main difference is that the compressed time scale inherent in the "kill 'em all, let God sort 'em out" virus will at least thin out traffic for a generation or two, and I'm always thumbs-up for that.
ReplyDelete