Sunday, January 31, 2021

Story

EXPIRED.

4 comments:

  1. Be happy to... paula.light@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please linky lou to hippoblog@iname.com

    I heard of protonmail when I was watching Mr Robot, a series I was all caught up in until I got to the end, about a genius hacker with some serious disassociative disorders. Interestingly when they needed a computer thing they showed the real thing. Not a fake alt-Facebook but a real-looking Facebook page, for example. One day the main dude was using protonmail and I looked it up and dang, there it was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of risking phishment by putting an email address in a comment box ...

    Not too long ago I wrote a comment in a blog I very rarely visit. Somehow I got turned around as to what window had the focus and published a one-word comment that was the password for a handful of online things. Decided it was whimsical and left it.

    Few days later found an email in a spam folder with that password as the subject line. It was a long detailed email about how all my porn activity was going to be sent to everyone in my address book if I didn't deposit an oddly specific amount of money into the crypto wallet with the given address. It was very well done and would have been alarming if I gave a shit. By well done I mean that anyone distracted by actually having porn activity to hide -- the implication was that the sender had hacked into an account and captured video of the recipient squeezing one out on camera -- might ignore the fact the email wasn't specific enough to warrant real concern. It was well done. I ignored it. One thing bothered me, though. It was sent to my main email address, and the blog in question doesn't have any connection my real email address. I've never used real email for bl-- Oh but I lazily let Google goggle me in to some, that must have done it. Ok. Well. Back to work.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!