So nada yesterday and now up to 2300+ words per day needed to stay in the game. I am not anticipating a happy outcome. Also I note that a substantial part of this writing project is me bitching about not writing anything. Wonder if this negative flow will be the first time anyone’s won NaNo by writing 50,000 words about their inability to finish NaNo. Very meta.
Anyhow, the other day Paula commented on my last post about the “underoos”, which I defined as that pool of labor in the US (or anywhere else) who are under-educated, under-qualified, under-skilled, under-experienced, and under-everything-else that would make them even a marginally competitive asset in the labor market. She pointed out that “underoos” is a brand of underwear, and once she said it, I remembered it was a brand of underwear for children. I looked it up and found that the license has been carried for some time by a non-Fruit-Of-The-Loom company who in fact now produces them for adults. This is a good thing, as when I first Googled their advertising I immediately felt guilty over the less-than-wholesome thoughts that went past when I clicked on their “Supergirl” underwear ad out there on Amazon.
I was wondering what the fuck had happened to toddlers while I was paying attention elsewhere and considering just turning myself in to the nearest local police for even thinking “that” for a split second, but then next ran across a picture of a “Spiderman” guy with full-sleeve tattoos. Which was rather a relief on a couple of fronts, as “adult” seems to be the current target buyers which explains the embarrassingly hot Supergirl model, and also because I didn’t think “that” about the tattooed guy.
Where was I?
Ah, yeah, “underoos” — once Paula pointed out the underwear connection, and while I was still under the mistaken impression that they were basically training underwear for toddlers, I considered comparing them to the “underoo” labor pool, in that they were cheap, easily replaceable, used to fill in for the real thing until the user gets his/her business up and running, and usually make a dramatic or colorful display even though they are often full of shit. But that just doesn’t seem to fit anymore (hah!) So, we’ll just go with “underoos” because it’s convenient and/or useful shorthand and can’t be mistaken for the corporate product in any way.
Although if they sue, I’m willing to go two out of three rounds in a wrestling match with the Supergirl model to see who gets to use the brand, if they insist.
Moving on…
(NOTE AGAIN: Raw dump, no edit -- sorry about that)
LMAO! That's a good gift idea, thanks...
ReplyDelete