Wednesday, February 23, 2022

R-312 Borderline BURN PILE: Grafix

As you know if  you’ve been following this blog at all, I always have pictures of some sort more-or-less related to the blog posts. I don’t know why I bother, except for some reason it seems useful to bust up blocks of text with something more easily digested. Or, perhaps, more attention grabbing.

True or not, I continue sticking them in there.

And in my usually-not-blog-related Internet surfing I often run across striking images or poetry or quotes or who-knows-whatall which I keep against the hope that I’ll find someplace to use them someday. I don’t usually. Which has resulted in me having an unused estimated metric tonne of stuff which appeals to me for some undefined reason (usually if it doesn’t “speak” to me somehow, I don’t see it in the first place).

Since I apparently can’t seem to figure out what to use them for, I thought I’d give y’all a shot at them to see what ideas you come up with for me. Or for you. Or both.

So once a month or so, more-or-less (scheduling is an ongoing struggle with me) I’ll drop one out here at random. If it doesn’t “speak” to you, ignore it. If it does, tell me what you want me to write about it or a beginning line, or damned near anything that will move me to DO SOMETHING with it. Or, as you prefer, use it yourself — just let me know so I can take a look at yours. I'm not usually a big fan of "writing prompts". But call it a prompt, if you must, or a prompt to prompt me, depending on what you use it for. Or just be entertained by what seems to get my attention.

OK, first one: Yes, it’s from her perspective. But I knew her once. Not this specific “her” of course. But her. She was…something.

From My "Wasted On My Callow Youth" Pile

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, poetry from callow youth... got tons myself but none as good as this. Do we all want to devour the one we love? I think so. If only to shut them up... no, sorry, just joking. Love the drawing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I wish I could take credit for any of it -- I've searched extensively and can't find who wrote it or who made the drawing. If someone sorts it out, let me know and I'll credit. All I know is when I saw it, I instantly had an entire 5-sense immersion in memory of...well, a particular girl.

      Delete
  2. How do I subscribe, by the way? I've looked all over and I can't find the button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oddly enough, it never occurred to me to look. But I have now -- refresh my blog and you should see a "Followers/Subscribe" thinger down on the bottom of the right-hand column (below the "Blog Archive" chunk).

      Back in the day I had a few who followed using some service or another which I no longer recall, and since then I hadn't paid any attention to it. Thanks!

      Delete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!