Tuesday, January 10, 2023

R+10 Well, That Didn't Take Long

 I've managed to get myself banned from Mastodon for laughing at the "Woker Than Thou" hivemind and their lackies and parasitical hangers-on. None of whom appear to have the slightest sense of humor. They're too grimly focused on counting angels on pinheads and the ever-more-transparently sliced nuances of their doubleplusgood duckspeak and using it to root out thoughtcrime critical of their bellyfeel doublethink. As any kneejerk good аппаратчик functionary would, of course.

Overall, hanging out there was rather like watching with amused astonishment as a wad of rich white liberals with starched and laundered antifa patches take selfies in a healing drum-circle in the middle of an "autonomous government area" whackadoo camp in downtown Portland. They share their caring wokeness and 9-5 self-abasement with everyone and pretend they're doing something useful while they ecstatically wirewhip themselves into a frenzy and suck the joy right out of every second of their lives. You'd have to pay big-money-extra for this pro-level masochistic exhibitionism in Vegas.

In short, it's mostly a collection of the most useless humans on earth so far up their own asses they're about as self-aware as Marianas Trench sea-slugs, all congratulating each other on their escape to Mastodon, the new nirvana haven for their "struggle". I can't get a good grip on what it is they're struggling against. "Reality" would be my first guess.

C'mon, what's NOT to laugh at?

So, I guess I'm back here. since I still have no Facebook, Twitter, or "name-any-other-silly-online-social-shit" accounts.

See Orwell's "1984" and Stalinism for any of the references that are unclear above.

Here's my Mastodon graphic for this post. It turns out if you Google "Mastodon Ban" you get a band named Mastodon, which has nothing to do with anything, but that I understand is very good, and also has kewl graphics...



7 comments:

  1. I've been "approved" to join Post, whatever that is, but I don't think I will. I'm still on FB and it's annoying enough. Thx for the heads-up about Mastodon. Blogging is my jam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will give credit where credit is due: Mastodon isn't 100% as bad as described. More like up in the 85-90% range. But they've also got some art people, a few non-politicals and scientists, and (as mentioned in my last Mastodon post) observers from the front lines in Ukraine gleefully reporting on dead Russians, which for my money is always funny. These were the only categories I followed (i.e., got automatic updates from).

      The rest was just sludge to slog through with occasional stops to prod the more noxious lumps. Thus the excommunication. As always, it seems my "kumbaya" meter was miscalibrated, causing me to laugh derisively at the dominant religion, which annoyed the pezzonovante. As purported free-thinkers who are nobly escaping the terrors of Muskland, they're pretty heavily policed by a hide-bound priesthood running networks of informants and Inquisitors to enforce their purity. In other words, they're at least as full of shit as Elon Musk, just on the other end of the scale.

      I'll rejoin another Mastodon instance sooner or later, as I find that wandering the moaning forests of crosses these clowns have nailed themselves to is pretty entertaining once in awhile. Hah! I suddenly "get" that Roman soldier who laughed and asked "Why don't you just come down off of that thing?" I'm pretty sure when he was refused and thrown out of the club for asking, he'd have wandered off Golgotha muttering "Dumbass."

      Wow. Comparing Mastodon whiners to Jesus -- surely that's sufficient to get my account back -- you KNOW they love it...

      Delete
  2. I looked up Mastadon discussion on Facebook and found a comment I could have written:

    As someone who was not above shitposting to local BBS groups years before discovering Usenet, I predict that the next social media thing will be more of the same with a shinier, newer skin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So that's Mastodon. I haven't even got into Twitter, I'm so far behind. Mastodon has connotations of extinction, I wonder why they chose it? I like your description of the moaning masses. God yes, self flagellation is in. One notices the floods of refugees from the wicked west towards more enlightened shores, not. I did a little trolling the other day... only baiting some poor innocent incel but it was surprisingly enjoyable. My daughter annoys the woke frequently by being even woker. I now understand the thrill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've long since recognized that deep inside my otherwise cheery exterior is a borderline sadistic sociopath who gets more than a casual laugh out of slow-roasting some otherwise useless keyboard warrior. As a mild defect in an otherwise sterling human, battling this tic was causing me more grief than does just occasionally indulging it down toward the lower end of the "moderation in all things" scale. After which I can get on with my week with only a small twinge of guilt and a smile on my face.

      Delete
    2. You too? Well they probably enjoy the indignation. So many people seem to. Rose

      Delete
  4. I big-time clever. Me figure out "АППАРАТЧИК" without having to google it.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!