Pretty puny today. At least I wasn't blowing snot and feeling miserable when the family was all together over the weekend. On the downside, I probably gave them all this crud without them knowing it -- kind of a stealth attack. Here in a week or two, I'll sympathize with them when they're all whining about it. Probably won't mention that I'm the one that gave it to them -- why complicate things?
I likely picked it up flying around the country last week. DC, Pittsburgh, Philly, Atlanta, etc., etc. I've pretty much decided that when I die, whether I'm headed to heaven or hell, I'll have to layover in Atlanta. Every single creature in the entire fucking universe has to layover in Atlanta if they're travelling further than 100 miles. Never mind DC or Air Force headquarters -- if the bad guys want to really screw us up, they'll nail Hartsfield in Atlanta...no one will be able to go anywhere.
I HATE Atlanta. Well, at least the parts I've seen, which pretty much involves concrete, runways, underground trams, and snotty ticket agents.
Anyhow, spending that much time locked up in sealed metal tubes with huge wads of people I don't know while "environmental" systems concentrate, recirculate, and coat us all in the brown miasma of their individual biosystems is bound to have some sort of nasty outcome.
Large clusters of TWAs (Third World Assassins) were on every single one of my flights. TWAs and cockroaches will inherit it all, as they are utterly immune to the biohazards with which they infest the rest of us. Like bacteria growing at the bottom of the nuclear fuel-rod tank, they simply shrug off conditions that would be instantly fatal (or at least damned annoying, re: my current illness) to civilized humans.
No problem. The strongest survives, and in the grand sweep of history our superior technology is but a bump in the sand, eventually to be swept away by some negligible ripple in the ocean of time. Our descendants will be competing with the tough genetic remnants of tribal selection while hampered by the diluted heritage passed to them by our technology. Technology, you see, allows the should-have-been- eliminated-from-the-pool to survive, mate, and pass their defective, weak, or non-competative genes along. Defectives among the TWAs are destined for the scrap-heap, usually well before mating age. We, on the other hand, in the name of "humanity" like to pretend EVERYONE has a future, and use our technology to temporarily switch off natural selection thus allowing otherwise unsuitable clots of genetic material to reproduce and bloom like hothouse flowers.
The downside, of course, is that nature, history, time, or whatever you want to call it, will not be denied forever. When it all comes home to roost, large batches of defective genes, inadvertently concentrated into our civilization by our good intentions and technology, will be wiped out like wheat under a scythe.
I completely understand and can deal with that -- I even agree with the concept that if you are not strong enough to hang on to your future, you don't have one -- but while we're waiting for the inexorable wheels of evolution to grind us under and hand the whole shitteree over to The Next Batch, it seems like we could at least figure out a way to disinfect the ones that are going to insist on sharing the technology (e.g., airplanes) with us while awaiting The Takeover.
Or, alternately, I may have gotten it from the fat white boy I was hanging out with in WV swapping tit-and-ass stories while buying each other shots of Jack.
Whichever.
In Our Next Episode: Obstructive Cynicism And Other Worthy Values
No comments:
Post a Comment
Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!