Besides, I was looking at the statistics on this blog, and have discovered the following:
Blog initiated: January 2003 = 365 days.
Today's Date: November 28, 2004 - 333rd day of the year.
Total Number Of Days Online: 698
Number of Characters: 4,058
Average Characters Per Day: 5.8137535816618911174785100286533
OK, OK, I understand -- once you knock out holidays, days off, vacations, trips to non-computer places, and whatnot, the actual average is closer to 6.6189111747851002865335813753581 per working day which, since we don't want to get completly nuts about it, can be rounded off to 6.6189111748.
Damn, no wonder I'm worn out all the time. Dropping little nuggets like these at the breakneck rate of 6.6189111748 cpd (Characters Per Day) is, frankly, a lot more than I planned to get into when I started this.
Geez, and that doesn't even include TODAY'S post -- that's it, I want some time off. Bunch a' friggin' slave drivers. And don't start cutting my pay, either, unless you want a nasty visit from EEOC Wage and Hour division.
But first, a shout out to a few buds who also haven't heard from me lately: Hey, Peej! Hey Gekko! Hey Wayne!
Peej, for those of you who don't know her, is PJ Parks, a rather left-wing, liberal, touchy-feely sort, but for all that a damned fine human and a friend whose posts and emails still manage to get a grin out of me.
Gekko -- well, Gekko is Gekko. If you haven't read any of this hot little redhead's stuff, hie thyself forthwith -- another friend and "good egg" as they say in old 30's detective novels, although I've never understood why. Doesn't smell bad? Isn't cracked? Ah, hell with it. Change that to "-- another friend and The Bee's Knees." Now THAT makes sense. Not as much sense as "The Wasp's Nipples," but still and all, one must maintain standards.
And finally, Wayne Lutz. Not quite as far left as Peej, I suppose, but still a little too soft and cuddly for my tastes. Ah, well, I suppose that moderates have their place, too.
Anyhow, whazzup dudze!
'Scuse me, I have to go rinse the shiznit out my mouth. Speaking TV-educated-maggotroid-snotty-rich-white-boy-imitation-ghetto-negro-slop-mouth-fulla-marbles-Ebonics always leaves a nasty taste.
In Our Next Episode: Some damned thing or another -- still pissed at the Weather Channel, for starters....
Haloscan, d00d, for comments that don't require all this fol-de-rol.
ReplyDelete"Bee's Knees"? Gawd.
-- gek
Hello Luv. So glad to see you back again ... I sometimes considered deleting your old and horridly outdated link, but I just couldn't bear to do that. Somehow I just knew that you'd eventually return to blogland and grace us with your very own unique brand of touchy-feely, sensitive, caring, warm, fuzzy, etc. etc. etc. prose. And sure enough, here you are! One thought, though ... did you ever consider putting kittens on your site instead of skeletons? Just an idea. A field of pretty daisies would work equally well.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Peej
P.S. Yes I got your email today. Yes I'll write back soon. Yes I'll make you laugh.
Guy comes back from the dead and blogs for the first time since who the hell knows when and right away you gotta bitch about how hard it was to reply, Gek. bitch.bitch.bitch. Least you could do is get him another pitcher of beer to celebrate, but nooooo. Couldn't even bother with saying, "Hello Luv," like Peej did, coudja Gek. What kind of a welcome back is that, huh?
ReplyDeleteMe, I'm saying it's about time you got your butt back here, AD. Yer blogrolled.