Just got curious. Someone from there visits my blog off and on, always spends a pretty good bit of time reading a bunch of pages, then moves on and disappears for a week or two or three. Never says anything, never leaves a note (at least as far as I know).
That's one of the things about the Internet -- people and places I'd have never heard of turn up at every juncture.
"Burns Flat, OK".
In fact, in the 50's and 60's, it used to be a big-deal Strategic Air Command (SAC) base, is still used for military training exercises, and is an alternate landing spot for the Shuttle. Which explains why a town that's about the size of my front yard manages to have a well-maintained airpark with runways long enough to land any aircraft ever built in history.
I knew as soon as I saw the sat pix that it was military because (1) I've been around the military a lot, and that's how they do airfields (note the alert aircraft slots near the top of the pic, the "hot" pad off the left side of the main runway and the ammo bunkers at the ends of abandoned runways running next to the "hot" pad) and (2) because a town the size of Burns Flat couldn't afford to patch the concrete on the taxiway, nevermind maintain the whole shiteree.
Anyhow, whoever you are, thanks for visiting. And as for the rest of you, your Question For The Day:
What's the most out-of-the-way or unlikely place you've ever had visit your site?
In Our Next Episode: Sex and/or Drugs and/or Rock and/or Roll.
I've had peeps from the Iranian gov't. Weird.
ReplyDeleteI get a periodic visitor from Wilmington, Delaware. Not that that is as exotic as some locales, (like the pervs who come to my site from Dubai and Saudi Arabia looking for porn), but Wilmington always comes to my site from yours, and I didn't notice this visitor until I did a post about Delaware.
ReplyDeletewoo-hoo! sounds like you got yourself a little stalker!
ReplyDeletenow you've officially 'arrived' as a blogger. LOL congrats!
Sheesh. I've been spending time in Burns Flat lately on business and checked your blog from the Internet cafe in the Holiday Inn. I don't see why you have to be so fucking hostile about it.
ReplyDelete