Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Pride and Prejudice

The Beneficiary, for no apparent reason, wanted to see this thing when it turned up on on the TV guide listing this evening. I figgered that as a well-known social progressive I could burnish my leftist creds by putting up with a couple of hours of movie that consisted of a negress with a huge ass whining about how her Pride had a batch of Prejudice whupped on it by a racist redneck whitey who pointed out that "baby got back" does not necessarily mean "baby got a wild boar glued to her ass".

I mean, watching is the least I could do for OH-pressing her for the last 200-500 years.

But it turned out to be an ENTIRE CLOT of 19th century Brits prancing around living out their EXCRUCIATINGLY ridiculous lives, any one of which makes even a fifth-generation New Orleans ghetto dweller appear to be of some value by any comparison. My GHOD how did this entire people avoid simply sticking a pistol in their collective mouths and getting it over with?

Great movie other than that. Fine acting. Every frame a painting.

Excuse me. I need about four fingers of Jack.

In Our Next Episode: A review of another artsy-fartsy period movie. Or porn.

2 comments:

  1. Porn gets my vote. I hate period pieces. "period" pieces - yeeccch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking I saw that movie, but I just realized it was actually Sense and Sensibility that I saw.

    Eh, same difference. :)

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!