Sunday, December 30, 2007

Biker Crap

If you're not a bike dude or dudette, fuck off, there's a good lad. Go see the redheads on my last posting, or while away your time doing something else till I get back to a subject you give a shit about.

Thanks awfully.

Now, what was I gonna talk about...oh, yeah, I remember....

Y'know, I'm generally pretty much a "rat bike" kinda guy. A bike like this:
ain't never gonna win the trophy at the bike show, but is absolutely my style.

Turns out I'm not the only one who feels that way. This bike is the "Die Yuppie Scum" (which is what is hand-painted on the tank, BTW):
It was built by and belongs to a Hells Angels associate with the road name of "Cruel Girl" who describes it as "98 INCHES OF YUPPIE SCUM SUCKING PANHEAD POWER". She absolutely despises yuppies in general, and yuppies on bikes in particular, in case it ain't clear.
UNRELATED SIDENOTE: Cruel Girl is the founder and President of the HellKats MC, one of the VERY few female three-patch (outlaw) motorcycle clubs in the country, based out of Missouri. She's an expert bike mechanic, has been building her own choppers since the 70's and rides them tens of thousands of miles every year, runs a full working farm, rides rodeo all over the country, is a black belt in competition karate, has raised kids to adulthood, will ride hundreds of miles in every kind of weather you can imagine just to party, and is hard as a coffin nail.

Cruel Girl has a number of bikes on her website she's modified or built which are of various degrees of prettiness, but they all have one thing in common -- if it ain't gonna be ridden like it was stolen, it's not gonna make it. Her favorite is her kickstart panhead rigid, which she's named "Cruella".

I met her briefly a couple of years ago, and she's hot, she's taut, and she's fine. I'd lust after her but, frankly, she scares the shit out of me.
I guess the theme here is that fancy garbage wagons buried in chrome, OC Chopper type custom specialty "choppers", and polished pimp bikes are just worthless for that 300 miles in the rain kinda riding that real bikes have to put up with. That's not to say I don't like looking at them -- engineering marvels, the lot of them, and prettier than a $1500.00 hooker, but if I owned one (garbage wagon OR hooker), I'd sell it for a real bike.

Now, having said that, I saw a bike some time back that is the antithesis of a rat bike. I periodically run across it at shows and on the Internet, and (in case anyone's looking for that post-Christmas gift that will make my year,) I crave this bike. I'd give up redheads for this bike. Well, I'd give up a LOT of redheads for this bike. (Click on the pix for full-sized photos, the better to see detail.)


Feature your average citizen when this shows up in the rearview, blasting past at about warp three.



Is that fucking thing too cool, or what? For a full pix spread, click HERE.

In Our Next Episode: OK, I got it out of my system. Back to more citizen oriented material.

4 comments:

  1. This makes me wonder what you're riding now. I was up ad the dealer yesterday because some miscreant who should rot for all enternity in hell tried to pick the fork lock overnight on my sporty and totally fucked it up. The dealer tried to sell me a new two-tone Dnya and I ran away screaming. I just had flag holders made just for my scoot by a tool-and-di friend.

    So anyhow, all this makes me wonder what you're riding nowadays? Don't I remember you saying you traded in your 1200 for a Geezer-Glider, or was that just a horrible nightmare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but "geezer-glide" was a little generous. It was a build -- an after-market frame with a new-out-of-the-box Harley 80ci blockhead/Evo, fatboy swing arm, wide-glide forks, beach bars, lollipop mirrors, oversized stretch tank, etc., etc., etc. It was uglier than a mud fence after a three-day rain, and I loved it. I rode the shit out of that bike.

    Broke my heart to do it, but I recently sold it to a member of a local outlaw MC who was looking for an interstate sled, 'cause I thought I had another deal in place.

    Second deal didn't go through, so the money's banked, waiting for me to get off my ass and go find another bike I want, which, incidentally, is where the pic of the "rat bike" comes from -- I'm thinking of picking it up, as the guy wants to sell it.

    Problem is that by a complete fluke, I've also located my original 1200. Turns out the guy who bought it went to prison momentarily thereafter and will either be to old or too dead to want to ride when he gets out, and it's been garaged since. It's got less than 1000 miles more than it had when I sold it. His old lady has it up for sale.

    I loved that bike, and I'm seriously considering putting a wad of money into getting it back.

    Ah, well. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  3. True I just watch from the sidelines, but I always preferred ratfuck bikes over all those pretty jobs. So long as the center of gravity is low, I'm good. I like what they did with the gas tank on that thing to make an empty rib cage. Bitchin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Buy ikt back or you'll regret it later.

    Bitchin' redhead, and the bikes are cool, too...

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!