I work in high-testosterone surroundings, which results in odd conversations. Our whole crew was out for lunch at Redneck Heaven, a bar/restaurant which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like. The thing is, the burgers are REALLY good. Totally worth the drive.
![]() |
| Redneck Heaven Waitress Brings The Hamburger Basket. Which We're All There For, Of Course |
Anyhow, we were pondering the likely intellectual gifts of our waitress, when my question of the day came up. Why do we call it a "piece of ass?"
As in, "Now THERE'S a piece of ass!" or "I gotta get a piece of ass tonight," or "He was scoring a piece of ass when her biker boyfriend showed up."
It isn't y'know. A piece of ass, I mean. And unless you're into some fairly high-end (so to speak) kink, I can't begin to think how it might have entered the language.
In Our Next Episode: Either someone explains to me why this is a "fine piece of ass," or I stop using the phrase. I'll have to spend a lot of time at Redneck Heaven practicing NOT saying it but I'm willing to do it. It'll be my little contribution to feminism, 'cause I'm just that concerned.


That pose? Awfully hard on the lower back.
ReplyDeleteJust an observation.
Also, those friggin captchas get so friggin weird. They expect humans to actually decipher those friggin things? Honest to gawd, I had to have a machine scan it and run through all the possibilities and come up with a probability matrix of combinations before I could friggin get it right.
ReplyDeletePose: Yeah, but once she puts her head down, curls a little forward and bites that pillow that's just offscreen, she'll be fine. Straightens the spine a bit, doncha see. It's all to do with physics - torque and shear forces and suchlike. She's practically a college-level class.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, capcha's getting pretty weird. It came up with "rapeo nostalgis" as my word when I checked this post...probably something wrong with that.
On the upside, my spam's down to zero.
A certain hot dusty-biker mama took me to a place called Tilted Kilt and it was similar, in that the pulchritude was puissant yet the food surprisingly good.
ReplyDelete