Saturday, April 14, 2012

So, I Was Being A Whiny Little Bitch The Other Day...

..because I was feeling old and trying to figure out whether this was me:



Today, I discovered that I just didn't give a shit, so I'm over that. Bring on the babes.



A combination of events brought this on. First, I got this pic in email from someone who'd taken it at an undisclosed location just as I was arriving a couple of months ago. I don't remember it being taken, but he found it somewhere (picture altered for here, of course:)


Second, as I was filing that pic in a computer folder when I ran across this one, taken within the last couple of years or so of me and part of my crew on a run to -- Arkansas, maybe? Anyhow:


...and finally, I was involved in a project today that required me to be in close contact with a large wad of regular people who are my age. And I gotta tell you, I'm looking pretty fucking good in comparison, amiright?

In Our Next Episode: After the hurtful responses to this post, I gather up my shit and go fish for compliments in another pool.

5 comments:

  1. Every freakin' one of them photos looks exactly, 100% like you. Especially the redhead -- only she looks like you if someone were to split open your head and let the contents of your brain leak out.

    Speaking of which, tonight is a gathering of my new besties, some local Burners. Sondra, an extraordinarily creative and strong-personalitied redhead who invented a holiday based around octopoda, is hosting a "Nothingness Salon". Requirements are to bring a piece of art, a pineapple (for the alcoholic beverage she is concocting), something to put into the Stone Soup we will all make, and a presentation or performance. I have created the art -- a mixed-media piece consisting of an image of a brain exploding its nothingness into a sea of miasmic goo (said explosion and goo made of acrylic paint). For the soup, I have a zuke, a radish, and a squash. I reason that the zuke is nothing if not a woman's best friend and the squash and radish are simply along for the ride -- they are nothing when it comes to vegetable friendship. My performance, should I choose to do something, will possibly be to speak about a topic on which I am a subject-matter-expert: myself, of course. And I am the epitome of nothingness in the grand scheme of the great cosmos.

    I shall wear black and affect a 'tude.

    I still need a pineapple. Got one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my...strong willed, free-thinking redheads, indulging a powerful urge to get creative juices going, all lubricated with home-brew pineapple drinks, suggestive veggies, and quirky diversions...

    Excuse me, I'm going to need a moment to recapture my imagination, which seems to have run off to...

    Oh, golly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've always gibbered on about being fat, so I'm SHOCKED to see how great you actually look. Can I use your photo for Mr. Newport and my pysch-experiment? (See 04/14 post.)

    Kidding! He's too poofy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, shucks, ma'am, thanks....:)

    Yeah, I may not be the balloon animal I've portrayed myself to be, but trust me...well, I've got a tshirt that says

    "I Beat Anorexia!"

    ...and no one argues. Hah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gekko: "I have created the art ..."

    Which (finally) explains the comment,
    This is your brain.
    This is your brain on pineapple.

    Neither izole nor tshopled are words.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!