Monday, May 27, 2013

Lines

It's by some guy named "Bridges," I think. Took this picture of the print in a store - was going to buy it, but didn't want to spend $150 for something I have no place to hang. Wasn't going anywhere with this -  I just liked it.

Perfect lines, curves, shadow....so simple. Good stuff. It's my desktop picture now.

3 comments:

  1. The way there are lines around her down low (blanket, water...) makes me think of a painting I've been meaning to make for a lot of years. If I have a photo of the drawing I did in about 2005, I'll post it somewhere and tell you.

    I'm glad you're back.

    What about wordpress, since you're going all mellow now...? The interface is really nice and me and Paula (and probably others) are already there... c'mon... c'mon over to the dark side... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to see it. I usually like your paintings. There's one in particular that quite struck me. At any rate, yeah, let me know where to see it when you do it.

    WordPress: Thinking about it. But I'm keeping pretty simple, just words and a couple of pix now and then. When I put it together, I originally intended to just use slightly textured typing paper as background with typeface on it.

    Too busy. Just neutral colors with Courier is plenty. Which means Blogger is plenty. On the other hand, if the mothership ever cancels my account (a distinct possibility for a variety of reasons) look on WP for me.

    Glad to hear from you, too. You haven't commented in awhile. Thanks for reading. I'll try to keep it ~ well, entertaining isn't quite right, but you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simplicity is good. WordPress hasn't yet shown me any reason to switch.

    Simple, like the painting. Use of empty space.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!