Sunday, March 2, 2014

Week #12: Climbing Up To The Sky

Veronica and Me, Going To Meet The Sky

Somewhere between 70°F and 80°F today. No way I couldn't ride. So I spent a few hours out on two lane roads, vaulting up and roaring down hills, sweeping around curves, laying out so deep my pegs were digging into the asphalt, pushing Veronica's limits, trusting her with my life -- she likes that, and always meets the challenge, submitting her strength and power to my will as she roars joy...

Then to meet a friend in a near-zero population N. Texas town for what are probably the best BBQ ribs anywhere. Then evening and night on the road back home...

Supposed to be ice and sleet in the morning. But for now -- perfect.

I'm guessing no snakes in the swamp tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed this. Glad you got to get away and recharge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful woman I know who is also a Burner is (or was) selling her softail that she keeps down in Arizona. I don't want to hassle with an out of state bike but she did get me to thinking. Think is about all I can do, though, with my Jeep crapping out and needing me to get a commutermobile -- and not a bike (thought of that) because I still need to haul people around.

    So. Eventually.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!