Saturday, March 15, 2014

Week #14a: 15 Years

(Side Note: Unbelievable. Thought I'd posted this yesterday. But I've got a wad of grandkids over, and we went hiking, two miles through heavy brush, out to a lake to see what the drought had uncovered, and by the time we got back to the truck I was carrying the three-year-old, which means by the time we got home I was worn out, and I finished writing this and punched "publish," then, nearly unconscious, went to bed and slept like a dead man. This morning I woke up (more accurately, the grandkids dove into my bed and started jumping on me) and dwaddled around for awhile, finally fired up the blog -- nada. Apparently in my half-there state, I'd hit "Save" instead of publish, so it never got out there. So, pretend you read this yesterday...)
Distraction



March 14, 1998 marks the first-ever post of the persona named "Asbestos Dust," who made a low-profile, humble entry into the data-stream at the UseNet Group "rec.arts.prose."



I noted this anniversary in passing last year. But this year is Fifteen years. Seems like those 5-year multiples ought to be a thing, doesn't it?

Meh.

Just feel old.

But even so, it seems like someone would have sent a present. My requirements are so simple:

Suggestion From My Gift Registry

Ah, well. Maybe for my twentieth.


3 comments:

  1. <sniffle> Those were the days, weren't they? Ah, Palmjob, Maughn, Wormy! I miss ye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's *so* weird to think that I IMd with you way back when. Not a lot, but at least once or twice. I remember being scared/nervous. :-)

    Is your registry on Amazon.com??

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!