Coming up on time to remove the stitches in the next couple of days, a good thing since I've already broken a couple of them and yanked them myself and although it looks like shit, it's not leaking, so apparently it's worked. Gonna leave a bitchin' cool scar, or at least that's what it looks like at the moment.
The "looks like shit" part is why you're getting no pictures of the progress. Here's a puppy instead.
Anyhow, I was going to more fully explain what happened but since everyone seems satisfied with the summary "Punched A Pickup" headline I've decided to give it a miss. Also, it suitably impressed a woman I work with, who is a no-bullshit hard-core example of my co-workers in a rough-and-tumble profession, when she saw it. She asked me what happened. I started to explain, and she stopped me two sentences in.
"One chance," she said, "you had one chance to come up with a cool story, how you got it rescuing a bunch of kids from the trunk of a sinking car that belongs to a pedophile you beat to death on the shore of a rushing river with your bare hands, but no, you come up with this sad sack whine."
I tried to redeem myself, but she just waved a stack of paperwork at me and told me to go annoy someone else with my pitiful little tale.
I ran across her later and told her that the problem was that I couldn't explain what really happened with all those other people around because the Secret Service swore me to silence, so I had to make up something.
"Right," she said, and turned to walk away.
"There were ninjas," I said to her back. She snorted and disappeared into her office.
So, for now, "Punching A Pickup" will have to do. I shall embellish it beyond recognition before my younger grandkids are old enough to ask about it though.
In Our Next Episode: No. Really. There were ninjas.

I believe you. And where's the deed to that bridge I bought?
ReplyDelete