Thursday, March 22, 2018

Not Fixed

So, several things here --

First, I wore this tshirt to Walmart to annoy people. It turns out, however, that it's a sword that cuts both ways when I do something un-brilliant.  Which, incidentally, seems more likely to occur when I'm wearing the damned tshirt.


Second, this is the result of a series of pretty unlikely events which resulted in my punching a pickup truck in the Walmart parking lot which I will doubtless explain someday, but for which I am in No Mood for at the moment.


Third, I have found that when people see this and ask what happened, and I say "I punched a pickup truck" without any other details, not a single one of them has acted even vaguely surprised, to include co-workers, friends, church people, and family. Evidently I have one of those personalities wherein punching a truck for no apparent reason is not only not surprising, but expected.  "Ah, I see," is the most common response I've been getting, usually in the same tone you'd acknowledge some piece of common knowledge you'd stupidly forgotten.

In Our Next Episode:  We discuss the proper way to beat vehicles without having to get six stitches out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Nice ring.

    Church people? They use you for practice or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wife's church -- going with her is little enough, and it doesn't bother me that much. As to the church personnel, no, we've learned to give each other a reasonably wide berth which saves considerable heartburn for both sides, but mostly them. The preacher, the head song screamer and the front-row bobble-head (who has that flicker of fanaticism at the back of his eyes and spends the entire church service nodding and amen-ing everything the preacher says while grinning like an over-medicated mental patient) always say hi and shake hands, but the rest prefer a more distant friendly nod. Works for me. Not bad people. Just not my cuppa, normally. As I say, it's for her.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!