Thursday, March 20, 2008

IPhone

Obama's explaining why it is that he was essentially raised by a scumbag race-baiting Black Liberation Theologist but is still a regular guy anyhow, Hillary's explaining how it is that Bill was getting away with banging Monica while Hillary was not only in the White House, but was actually doing First Lady Official Shit while Bill was getting his junk polished just down the hall and she didn't notice, and both of them are explaining how they are going to get a handle on the war and/or McCain, both of which subjects turned out to be slipperier than snot on a glass doorknob. An exciting week, and Hillary ain't even got around to explaining where she's going to keep Obama's balls after the convention. Conventional wisdom says they'll be in a glass jar front and center on the desk in the Oval Office where they will serve as object lessons to people coming to visit. A minority opinion, however, says she'll hide them away so as to not draw attention to her own equipment which, as she continue to claim to be a woman, could be at least embarrassing.

But none of this interests me at the moment. My boss just gave me a new IPhone which, as it turns out, is the coolest piece of technology in the known universe. I've been dicking around with it all afternoon, and am presently plugged into the IPod function blasting my brains out with a variety of "turn it up till you bleed from the nose" music and folk songs.

Which reminded me that it's been awhile since I asked; no, wait, I remember, I never asked; but anyhow, what's in your main playlist? I read over mine, and it strikes me as perhaps not as focused or theme-centered as many of yours might be:
Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd)
Battle of Evermore (Led Zeppelin)
Comfortably Numb (Pink Floyd)
Black Dog (Zeppelin)
Cry Baby (Janis)
Dance Me To The End Of Love (Cohen)
Everybody Knows (Cohen)
Fifth Symphony, 1st Movement (Beethoven)
Fifth Symphony, Finale (Beethoven)
A Girl Like You (Smithereens)
Goodnight Moon (Shivaree)
Hallelujah (Cohen)
Heartbreaker (Zeppelin)
Living Loving Maid (Zeppelin)
Me and bobby McGee (Janis)
Ninth Symphony, 4th Movement (An die Freude) (Beethoven)
Piece of My Heart (Janis)
Sweet Dreams (Eurythmics)
When the Levee Breaks (Zeppelin)
Whole Lotta Love (Zeppelin)

I was gonna toss in a rousing street rendition of "Burn Whitey!" in honor of our token diversity representative who's presently giving Hillary such fits, but then he turned around and declined to be endorsed by the Black Panthers after all. Apparently a week or two of being bent over by Rush et seq has taught even this polished idiot to run for his life from regular Democratic politics. Damn. Maybe you CAN teach an old one new tricks.

In Our Next Episode: New adventures with my IPhone which, so far, will do everything but blow me. And I suspect THAT's a feature I'll find in the user manual (Chapter 32: How to void your warranty by abusing your equipment.)

9 comments:

  1. Damn, that shit is old. At least there's no Dead on there, you get points for that. Beethoven's always a winner. But what, no Tool or Rob Zombie?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean like Zombie (Pussy Liquor and House of 1000 Corpses), Hole (Use Once and Destroy), The Donnas (Take Me To The Backseat), The Ramones (Blitzkrieg Bop), The Clash (London Calling), or Rickie Lee Jones (Last Chance Texaco and Night Train)?

    OK, some of them are pretty old, too, but more what you had in mind, I imagine. They're all in my "Guilty Pleasures" playlist along with a batch of other weirdness -- the other is my Main Playlist.

    - AD -
    PS: Don't like Tool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think AD got ooged out when someone called him a Dancin' Queen, Wayne.

    I poasted a list. Yes, I'm that bored.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's this thing with Republicans, women, and balls, especially black guys' balls?

    I like McCain, actually. If he picks Condi Rice for VP, he could lose the them- thar-entitlements-is-what-
    worry-me vote and still win. If she finds Jesus.

    The middle two movements of the Beethoven are pretty good, too, especially the burglar sequence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my iPhone nearly as much as I love myself.

    One of the best things about it, other than all the other great things about it, is it's a great bathroom companion. Never go in there without your iPhone. You can surf the web for all kinds of fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You gonna update this sucker or what? It's three freaking weeks. If you keep this up I'm going to go cuddle my pillow and cry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will confess to you that my most frequently played songs include:

    - Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)
    - Pussy (Ramstein)
    - A fuck ton of Pendulum drum and bass
    - On the Rise (Neil Patrick Harris/Felicia Day from Dr.Horrible's Singalong Blog)
    - Always (Erasure, I fell in love with it in Robot Unicorn Attack)
    - U Can't Touch This (I like to see how long I can keep a straight face while blasting this from my car on sunny days)
    - This song about corporate zombies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjMiDZIY1bM&playnext_from=TL&videos=YDooTZVlKIY

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!