Made it clear through the part where someone was yammering about the "Blue Monkeys'" village sitting right on top of the biggest ever deposit of "Unobtainium."
Done.
Who wrote this shit, and how did it make a single freakin' dollar?
In Our Next Episode: No. Really. Unobtainium.
I laughed out loud at the unobtainium thing. But the movie stroked all the required entertainment bones, so I say its makers deserve every dollar.
ReplyDeleteOf course, it's also brilliant to take a story easily lifted from the history of European behavior in Asia and Africa and the Americas in the 1600s, and make it look like an analogy for Americans in the Middle East, even though it isn't, just to cash in on the current generation's intense self-hatred. Seriously brilliant. I'd do it too, if there was money in me doing it.
Damn, D hit what I was going to say. The whole time I admired the lovely graphics work, the beautiful flight scenes, and avoided puking from motion sickness I kept thinking "This is the exploitation story of the Dutch, the English ... and they're trying to make it seem like it's all Americans, but, dammit, the blue critters are more like our Native Americans are depicted in the romanticized stories and we 'mericans weren't even a nation when they were "exploited" for their riches.
ReplyDelete