Took me awhile to figure out this color. You remember "Superman, The Movie," which has those uber-cool fly-in graphics in the opening credits? It was kind of embarrassing at the time because those damned credits got more attention than the movie did. At any rate, this is the color they used for that, or just within a tick of it, maybe. I always liked it, but have never been able to reproduce it. It turns out that Star Trek blue (that Star Trek TNG uses for its credits) is almost (but not quite) the same color, just "brighter." At any rate, it's kind of a pain in the ass to analyze, but I finally got it. Don't know what they really call it, but I liked it well enough to spend some time tracking it down.
Not that it matters. I don't even know what this is about. I could just journal. Can "journal" be a verb? Well, if so, I have journaled. Nope, spellchecker hates it with one "l" or two. But it's going to stay.
Where was I? Ah, yeah...
Somehow writing doesn't seem real if I'm just writing. Which makes perfect sense, actually. Keeping a journal makes me feel like a little girl keeping a diary full of hearts and flowers and angry, angsty musings on the day-to-day banalities of an unremarkable life, all written broad and with the deep, certain conviction that it all Means Something. And hopes that despite the locks and the hiding and the skulls and crossbones on the cover, someone someday would read those words and Know My Life and appreciate the wasted brilliance crushed under day-to-day oppression common to genius.
The purest distilled bullshit, in other words; Personally, I've never written a line by hand that would bear re-reading.
But with a computer, the spit and sweat and wounds flow and drip freely. Not necessarily of any more value, certainly, but more honest.
No, to be honest, that's a lie. Probably.
How about "more interesting?" Whichever, honest/interesting, to-may-to/to-mah-to.
The fact is that I've recently re-read much of the many years of output I've poured into UseNet and blogs, and a lot of it is - without putting too fine a point on it - pretty good. Hey, they made me laugh, but I may be a bit biased.
Did you know (of course you did) that "Asbestos Dust's" first appearance was on Usenet 13 years ago, on March 14th? Holy Jumpin' Jeezus. How did that happen? And what was the point to it all?
Beats the hell out of me. But after all this time, the persona(s) I've built stand a better than fair chance of outliving me, for all their strutting violence, racism, sexism and any-other-ism you care to name. For those who "got it," (including, obviously, me) it was funny, pointed, and more than a little skewed toward taking the piss of anyone I thought might need it, and quite a few who probably didn't but still wallowed around and made fat targets of opportunity of themselves.
It was fun, and proved to me (if not anyone else) that I can write. And so I will, here, in this...reality(?) At least once in awhile. Until I again get tired of it.
In Our Next Episode:The Meaning Of Life: Religion or Church or Something Related
Part 1. What is the nature of the universe?
Mostly physics, particularly quantum physics, cosmology, probability. I whipped out a quick 1900 words on this this afternoon. And you probably think I'm kidding, don't you?
Or, perhaps, some new fart jokes.
Part 1. What is the nature of the universe?
Mostly physics, particularly quantum physics, cosmology, probability. I whipped out a quick 1900 words on this this afternoon. And you probably think I'm kidding, don't you?
Or, perhaps, some new fart jokes.
ΔV
I always enjoyed his piss-taking. But that was obvious.
ReplyDeleteConcur.
ReplyDeleteWOW!
ReplyDeleteI'm not blogging or facebooking or (mostly) commenting or tumblring or twittering or anything so I find this big gap in what-the-fuck-do-I-do-with-my-down-time and I stumble over here and, WOW! You are back! I am applauding.
And dancing back into my cave. :-)