Thursday, February 2, 2012

DEADLINE - The Motivator

OK, it's been a month since I posted. I just noticed that.

Fine. As we discussed a couple of months ago, another freakin' deadline is needed. I will have something new (other than this) by 23:59 on 2/5/2012.

There. I did it. 

Now, let's get the redhead out of the way:


Wonder if I've posted that one before. In fact, I wonder what I'm going to post - wonder if it will be something I've already posted, maybe years ago.

I've gotta start keeping better records. Or telling the truth more often, which would save me wondering whether I've contradicted myself.

Guess I could ask around - whaddaya want to hear? Adventure? Horror? Love Stories (yeah, 'cause I'm the kind of guy who has a lot of those)? Philosophy? Physics? About how I called a woman on the road today the stupidest human being I'd ever run across, which made her cry? And how I felt bad about it later because, checking my files, it turns out she was only the third stupidest - almost fouth, actually.

In Our Next Episode: Oh, crap. I'm behind schedule. And I'm sure I've seen that redhead around here before. I hate repeats. So maybe this one:

10 comments:

  1. 1. Don't care if you've posted a particular redhead before. I'm sure none a the men care, either. Nothing wrong with repeats, so long as they're quality, and, besides, we're all getting much older and have forgotten ten times as much as what we knew, so who'll notice, hmm?

    2. I want to hear it all. Everything.

    3. You didn't put another redhead up, so squooge your prescription down just a smidge to improve your focus. There's a lad.

    4. Bounce out of fucking stupid blogspot and over to wordpress.com, plez. Not cuz of the stupid Google Unified Privacy Whatsit that has people flapping their stubby flightless wings, but because fucking stupid Google has yet to seamlessly integrate fucking stupid blogspot into its canopy and make it so that I can be gekko on fucking blogspot without having to un-become myself in the rest of Google-land and it irks the fuck out of me to have to use a different browser just to stay the same fucking person I want to be when using these things, rather than be the other person I associate with other products.

    And that goes for you too, Mr. Don.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. It's just that there are so many make-me-weep-'cause-I'll-never-touch-that redheads in the world, that when I repeat, I'm NOT including someone who ought to get her day...

    2. That may take a little longer...perhaps if we could narrow the range a bit...

    3. Fucking Ambien. Fixed.

    4. Yeah, know what you're saying, but I hope blogspot NEVER gets fully sucked into the Googleplex. WordPress involves having to learn a whole different thing. I've got the account set up for that day when Google shits on me from a great height, but so far pretty much hate it. I'd get used to it, I imagine.

    (Googolplex is a real mathematical word, did you know that? Been around since about 1939 or so. It means "10 to the google" or 10^googol, i.e. 10^{(10^{100})}. The googol is 10^100, and was so named by some mathematician's daughter who defined it as "10 followed by writing zeros till you get tired of it." This PBS moment was brought to you by...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My finger's too busy twitching at sight of that delightfully hirsute redhead to be available for putting on why I don't like WordPress either. WP does have an Android reading app, though, give 'em that. Surely Google need never bother making a decent Blogger app.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think WordPress lets you use neon red on black but it probably doesn't restrict you to the oh-so-limited themes my host offers.

    BTW, I was able to be Dick here, on G+, on Don's and even over on the No Puffin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the darker red redheads more than the lighter ones. Just saying. If there's ever a time when a choice must be made kinda thing. As far as stories I like ones such as a romance I read back in the day where a biker got transported back in time to 10th century Ireland and rescued a maiden (prolly a redhead) from some trouble ... and bunches of exciting things happened (forget what-all) ... and they ended up back in present day at the end. You could blog something like this, be cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Face it, AD, we all just wanna sit around you indian-style while you rock in your chair thumping a bottle of Jack on your knee and regale us with tales, all manner of tales, true or "improved", we don't care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, just to be technically correct, a mathematician's daughter gets tired of writing zeroes when she's written ninety-nine of them. Got it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, actually, one hundred of them. But your point's taken - you just don't see kids nowadays who lose interest in a project with such precision. Nowadays, it would be like 10^73.86 or some such.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Paula: I'm pretty nondiscriminatory on the redhead issue, although I will say that I agree that the darker reds have a teeny, bare edge...but in any event, I'll be happy to furnish all the dark reds you like. Should you ever get to a time when a choice must be made, I mean.

    There will be JPEGs, right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, actually, ninety-nine of them, since you wrote "10 followed by writing zeroes" until you reach a googol, which is 1 followed by a hundred zeroes, or 10 followed by ninety-nine.

    I do agree, however, and this is a qualified opinion, that blondes and redheads mix well.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!