Yeah, I know, this update is of marginal interest to anyone but me. But I wanted to mark the occasion. I woke up this morning, sent a couple of emails that needed sent, and sat on the back porch drinking coffee and watching the dawn. I find myself utterly at peace for the first time in what seems a really long time. Don't know how long it will last. But it's good.
Sometimes I think I'll only find such peace if I can cement a certain contract with outlaw bikers or some such, whoever it is that can be "trusted" to execute such contracts these days.
ReplyDeleteBut that's foolishly worldly thinking, in which I pretend a resolution within the existing context will bring peace, while only a completely new context has a ghost of a chance of doing so.
Sunrise is an amazing time for serenity, but not if the day is full of unfinished business as mine all are, rather than empty and thus filled with promise.
Since I share about 1.5% of the meat of my life on my blog, I do wonder why I share anything. But your posts, as brief and cryptic as they are, somehow remind me.
D Slash, your post fills me with wriggly happiness. I hope your tranquility continues and grows.
ReplyDeleteDT, you and Slash both wrote so wonderfully that it would make me sad should either of you quit. The voyeur in me politely requests more.