Friday, October 30, 2015
Forked
This is a Google map rendering because I tend to forget to take pictures of things as they occur, or, alternately, not notice they are occurring. At any rate, I was here late last spring.
Beautiful place, of course. It's Montana, after all. There was still snow in the high mountains, and the air was so crisp it was practically crunchy, almost painfully pure. I actually did stop here for a bit to stretch and decide which way I was going since there was no schedule involved. When I discovered where I was, I knew I was going to write a whole thing about it.
It should have practically written itself because, you see, this is the intersection of Montana highways 43 and 569. To the left, Highway 569 heads northbound to Wisdom, MT, a terribly curvy, winding road through the mountains, a difficult road, but scenic in a way that you pretty much have to be there to appreciate. To the right, Highway 43, an excellent, rather boring road, curves to the south and before long arrives at I-90 in Opportunity, MT.
Yes. I was literally at the fork in the road that leads to either Wisdom or Opportunity. Cool. Is that a gimmie subject to write on or what?
Yeah, not so much. After all this time, I've discovered it doesn't matter which way I went. I did eventually pick a direction, you know.
But I find I'm still stuck at the intersection. Probably a lesson in there somewhere.
In Our Next Episode: Turns out that "Bone Lazy" is another possible destination. I assume that's what it is, anyhow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment
Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!