Saturday, October 31, 2015

Unsigned Postcard



A picture turned up in an old exchange I don't use anymore. No text, offshore addressing (Malaysia, for those who must know.) I figured it was spam, and almost tossed it. But I got curious.

I ran it through a few filters and opened it up in a hex editor to check the headers and formatting to make sure there wasn't something "catching" contained in it. I'm suspicious of things that show up in old and odd places without warning. I sandboxed it and popped it open, and found this picture.

It seems to show nothing, really. But it shows a lot. I'd recognize that bike in the dark at a half-mile. (I added the distortion.) It shows me that my brother is safe at home (see "Terminus" from earlier.) I very much doubt this picture was taken within 75 miles of where he's actually landed — he just wanted me to know he got there and is OK.

Glad to know it. Didn't even know I was worrying about it.

Damn, I'm gonna miss him.


In Our Next Episode: Was gonna write a post from MY motorcycle, but it's pretty grim out there. Been raining like a beyotch. (Hmm. Do beyotches actually rain that much? I'll have to investigate one.) Anyhow, probably something less mobile.

3 comments:

  1. Clever of him, and no doubt. Wouldn't have occurred to me to do it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty area, though, where that pic is from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Serenebabe: So I hear. Be interesting to see whether he stays in touch. He said he'd drop a line in a couple of years, and we'd run around and show a little class to the locals. I doubt it -- I suspect he'll just disappear. But who knows.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!