Thursday, December 15, 2005

Payin' Up...

From My Last Posting ("Epitaph," below): "We're talking people who don't even see what the problem is with whacking a batch of Asians for spare change to buy PCP to smoke, and who have a history of rioting and burning down their own shitholes on the slightest pretext. Betcha a buck they will..."
OK, fine, I give up. I've waited two days, and the Negros have yet to burn down Los Angeles or otherwise turn it into an even more entertaining freakshow slough of broken dreams and human despair than it presently is, so they've apparently decided to give it a miss this time around.

I shoulda known. The two black guys I made the bet with up at the office TOLD me that's what would happen (or, more accurately what WOULDN'T happen). In fact they were of the opinion that other than Professional Angry Negros like the always bizarro Jessie Jackson and a handful of po' mouth street trash, the black community was quietly puzzled as to what the shitstorm was all about, and frankly would have been pretty agreeable if California had figured out a way to drop the rest of the Crips into the grease while they were on a roll. (Krispy Crips! Now there's a snack that would make a buck down in the 'hood...)

Well, crap. Awright, awright, calm down. Everyone that took me up on the $1.00 bet just hold your water. It'll be along as soon as I can figure out how to afford the postage.

And the dollar.

In Our Next Episode: After backing a bad bet I'm astounded how fast one can go into debt on a high-speed connection after which I have to get out and about and earn a wad of dollar bills and postage stamps while avoiding the pitfalls of Rough Trade and STDs. (Anyone got a pole I can borrow?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!