Sunday, December 11, 2005

Back Again! AC/DC, Tats, and Jennifer

Yeah, it's been awhile. I dropped out for a variety of reasons, one being that I wrapped myself up in that dumbassed WriMoNaNo or whatever the hell that was, in which the object is to write 50,000 words in a month, said month being November. Now, 50,000 words in a 30-day month works out to 1666.6666666666666666 words per day, more or less. I figgered I could do that standing on my hands, but it turns out that getting that .6666666666666666th word EVERY FREAKIN' DAY was a MAJOR pain in the ass, and sucked up an ungodly amount of time.

OK, but did I finish? Indeedie I did. In fact, I not only wrote 50,000 words, I clocked over 63,000 words. However, on reviewing the rules it turns out that the plan was to get 50,000 plus words that were ACTUALLY RELATED TO EACH OTHER in some fashion, preferably in the form of a novel.

Well, OK, that's what I was going for, but I missed it by a wide margin. I mean, wow, did THAT novel suck, or what? We're talking "Autobiography Of Milli Vanilli" bad, "Life Cycle Of Mold Spores In 10 Volumes" bad, "Organic Chemistry in Swahili" bad.

"Reeking" is the word I'm going for here.

As a result, other than coming up with a few ideas which I've stored away for some other occasion, I've flushed (which, in every sense of the word, is more than it deserved) the rest of it, and went and bought a new motorycle. It's a custom built ride, cruiser-type (I'm not a big chopper guy,) and I've already put over 1000 miles on. Hey, I'm on a new sled, I've pretty well burned out on the keyboard...is anyone REALLY all that surprised I tanked it for a month?

Speaking of "flushing" and "tanking," I was tasked with coming up with an organizational chart for my outfit. I submitted this(which idea I think I ripped off elsewhere, although I can't find it for the life of me). Boy, talk about a bunch of supervisory staff with no sense of humor. Fine, I'll just post it on the bulletin board at the coffee machine. That should work, yeah?

So, anyhow, I was considering getting a tat (that would be "tattoo" for those of you who aren't as cool as me,) which I haven't done yet. A bud mine has a couple that I quite like, including a "Molon Labe" tat, a version of which is close to the top of my list. A friend advised me to get an AC/DC tat, since I like them so well. I informed him that I couldn't imagine why on earth anyone would put an advertisement for even a really good band on themselves. It'd be as silly as getting a Nike swoosh permanently affixed because I like their sports shoes or a Burger King "Freaky King Guy" tat because I like greaseburgers. He disagreed, saying it could really look hot, and as proof, sent along this pic:


which, as we all know, is recently whacked ex-Soprano, no-kidding real-life tattooed tough girl Drea de Matteo, the hottest, baddest Jersey Girl in the history of east-coast babe production:


While I appreciated the pic (which I hadn't seen before), I couldn't figure out for the life of me what it had to do with advertising for a bunch of hard-core Brit rockers.

"Look closer," my correspondent advised.


Oh. Zowie. I stand corrected. Ain't nothin' silly there. I'd definitely nuzzle up against that AC/DC ad.

Now, the reason I mentioned "Jennifer" in the title of this posting is that, after being gone for a month, I first went to check my stats. Turns out the ol' blog has been chugging along just fine, thanks, even without my constant presence, with a ton o' daily hits still coming my way.

Further research, however, reveals that most of my visitors got here as a result of doing a Yahoo! search for pictures of "Jennifer Anniston" or some varient thereof.

Freakin' perverts.

They are apparently hitting the page where I've got a pic of Jennifer. Since that's WAY back in the archives, and since I like catering to my public, and since I'm a stat whore, I thought I'd go ahead and put it up here for the edification of the vast pool of people who feel the need to jerk off at a Jennifer Annison pic (hi, Brad!) and who otherwise would probably miss the current version of my Deep Thoughts:


There ya' go. And, yes, it's real. It's from her interview a couple of years back with Rolling Stone.

Speaking of Jennifer, I found an article about her, Brad and Vince, and a ceremony in which she burned her wedding dress and a variety of other Pitt memorabilia. A small chunk of the article is copied here:

"...some might say that selling the dress for charity might have been an even better idea than burning it to ash, her motives are understandable. If your current boyfriend is Vince Vaughn, you sure as hell don't want any reminders that you were once married to Brad Pitt. I mean, if I had pics of Brad Pitt on the walls and suddenly rolled over in bed to see Vince Vaughn, I'd be like "holy crap I'm gay!" But then I'd be like "I can do better than this. I'll have to give Tom Cruise another chance."

This little tidbit is included to introduce you to the newest link I've made -- The Superficial, which is a frequently updated and freakin' hysterical look at celebrity maggotry. I don't know who this guy is, but he's funny. Well worth a look if you get bored enough to laugh at these goofballs.

In Our Next Episode: I try to settle down a bit and get back into the swing of bloggery.

4 comments:

  1. So if your NoNONODAMMITNOWriMo novel was as rambling as this blog entry, you done did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it. I sat down tonight and looked at the keyboard for about an hour, trying to overcome my burnout, then finally said "Fuck it, type SOMETHING." So, stream of consciousness. Ah, well, next post will be up to speed, or at least MORE up to speed -- for the first time in awhile, I actually feel like doing it...

    - AD -

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well yay! Because I know about that burn-out when it comes to writing, oh boy do I! And the "Who gives a fuck anyway" feeling.

    So, you go, boy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smolderin' heat from the frozen north.

    Hmm. Yes, I like it.

    You're my friend again.

    Want a pic to post? I got a few.

    [g]

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!