I was watching "Celtic Women" tonight, since I quite like their music, not to mention which they are way hot in some ill-defined manner. (Oh, piss off. What, you thought I was 100% Rolling Stones and Lynard Skynard? You have no idea.)
But, even as a chunky sort, she is just stone fine. Too bad she's only 16 or 17 -- them Irish grow 'em healthy out there in the heathers.
The violinist (Máiréad Nesbitt) could easily make me rethink the entire concept of pixie sex, and the rest, right down to the backup singers, are -- well, good stuff.
So anyhow, I was in the mood to drink Jack Daniels and watch My People sing a mix of rollicking and maudlin whiskey songs (I'm mostly Irish/Scotch, in case you didn't know). About mid-way through the concert, a redhead (Laoise ní Cheallaigh, or Lisa Kelly for you non-Gaelic speakers) took the stage (Irish redheads -- hoo ya) and sang "Caledonia".
And it was EXACTLY right, especially when you know that "Caledonia" is metaphor for going home/going back.
So, for those who whine at me 'cause I never tell anyone anything about me, take notes 'cause here's the single bit you're getting for the year; At exactly this time, at exactly this place, and with exactly that music, this is exactly how I feel:
CaledoniaIn Our Next Episode: I open up about the heartbreak of Erectile Dysfunction. Then I laugh at the guy.
I don't know if you can see
The changes that have come over me
In these last few days I've been afraid
That I might drift away
So I've been telling old stories, singing songs
That make me think about where I came from
And that's the reason why I seem
So far away today
But let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia you're calling me
And now I'm going home
But if I should become a stranger
You know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything
I've ever had
Now I have moved and I've kept on moving
Proved the points that I needed proving
Lost the friends that I needed losing
Found others on the way
I have kissed the ladies and left them crying
Stolen dreams, yes there's no denying
I have traveled hard with coattails flying
Somewhere in the wind
But let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia you're calling me
And now I'm going home
If I should become a stranger
You know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything
I've ever had
Now I'm sitting here before the fire
The empty room, the forest choir
The flames that could not get any higher
They've withered now they've gone
But I'm steady thinking my way is clear
And I know what I will do tomorrow
When the hands are shaken and the kisses flow
Then I will disappear.
Let me tell you that I love you
That I think about you all the time
Caledonia you're calling me
And now I'm going home
But if I should become a stranger
You know that it would make me more than sad
Caledonia's been everything
I've ever had
So did Erin Go Braless? And where's the redhead's pic?
ReplyDeleteYou're slipping, AD, prolly cuz yer all maudlin and shit.