Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blogger Sucking HUGE At The Moment

I'm thinking about moving over to WordPress. I've been on Blogger for years, but over the last few months they've had a few "technical glitches" as a result of moving to new servers and putting in new software to Enhance Our Experience.

To say that Blogger has been nothing but an ongoing clusterfuck since then is vastly understating the matter.

Cluster Fuck
It's All Fun And Games Till Someone Gets An Eye Poked Out

I got a lot of history with these dickheads, so I'm hoping that someone at Google HQ understands what a PR hit they're taking and publicly burns a selected few engineers up to the Department Head level at the stake and leaves the smouldering corpses in the Blogger-Geek parking lot as a warning to the rest.

I'm already in the process of setting up WordPress accounts. I hate it, but so far it seems more stable than the amateur hour going on over here at Blogger.

In Our Next Episode: Blogger takes the high road and explains why lost posts and inability to reliably comment is an "Exciting New Feature" not a "Holy Shit Had My Head Up My Ass When I Wrote THAT Code" error.

4 comments:

  1. I tried WP and hated it and came back to B. But if you do move, make sure to keep the black background / bright colors / shimmering skull college boy motif just to piss me off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'd lose too many hours in some "simple transfer" of stuff if I moved. There do seem to be a lot of benefits of WP, though. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogger has an easier interface (fewer bells and whistles) than Wordpress, yet I am considering the switch, too. Some day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Switched. Love it. Especially enjoy the comment threading and spam filtering. Only thing I don't like is the blogroll not switching itself around in post order like Don's does, but it probably *could* if I knew how to mess with it.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!