It would be usefully hip to say that I haven't been posting much lately because I'm conserving my creative juices in order to distill a higher-quality, if more rarely produced, blog product. Which, misinterpreted, could be vaguely disgusting in a sticky sort of way.
But either way it's total bullshit.
The fact is, I've tried a couple of blog posts this week. They sucked considerably, which is not surprising as I've been sunning myself on the beach.
Any of you who have spent any time around tidal-sized bodies of water (check your nearest convenient ocean) are familiar with the concept of tidal pools. Many of these contain a variety of stranded and, presumably, stone bored critters. I would guess they mostly while away the time discussing whether the tide is going to come back in in time to keep them from becoming disgusting dried-up wads of rotting protoplasm trashing up the beach, and if the tide does turn up in time, whether they're going to do something to keep this from happening again.
Surprising, actually, how many are in the same puddle day after day - less clear is whether the tide never came back or they just don't give a shit anymore. Until the stinking protoplasm part happens anyhow, about which everyone gives a shit.
So, anyhow, as I say, I've been sunning on the beach. I'm between contracts, low on money, paying $4.00 a gallon for gas, and generally waiting for the tide to come back in 'cause I'm already starting to stick to the sand.
No worries, it always does, but I'm tired of just hanging out being a useless asshole. Time to get back on the bike. It's been a month or so since my last long ride, and I once again find myself in need of company who are usually worse off than I am, but who gives an estimated 95% to 99% less of a fuck about it as long as they have beer money and enough left over for fuel and motorcycle parts.
I figure a few days out and about will clarify my purpose again. It almost always does, although I notice the further along I get, the shorter the times between these clarifying runs are, and the longer are the rides required.
As I've written before here, if it weren't for the competing and ultimately more important demands of family, simply walking away into The Life would be difficult to resist.
As I've written before here, if it weren't for the competing and ultimately more important demands of family, simply walking away into The Life would be difficult to resist.
Gotta give props to The Beneficiary right in here - there aren't many who would put up with me just climbing onto a bike and wandering off till I get around to coming back. The fact that she's waiting here is a big reason that coming back at all, never mind resuming life as a Citizen, is always the end of the game.
In Our Next Episode: "A New Beginning." I find that Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru have been lying to me about my heritage, and that I'm in fact one of Darth Vadar's fuck trophies, and must therefore saw his head off before engaging in my true life's work of hunting down those responsible for "Avatar" and "2012" and sending them to the spice mines on Kessel for re-education and daily beatings. Also, my bike needs an oil change and the plugs cleaned and gapped, so there's that.

Motorcycle maintenance. Did you ever read that book? I did, and I swear I understood it at the time. I get that anything can be meditation, if it's the only thing occupying your mind.
ReplyDeleteIt's really beautiful to have both an escape and a sanctuary to return to. I was just going to pop over here and see what you were up to. I'm glad you posted. I hope you'll do more.
ReplyDelete