Monday, July 11, 2005

For The Fast Food/Oprah Generation...

For about the 300th time, someone has pointed me to BlogThings, a website containing an estimated 1.7 bazillion little internet quizzes you can take to find out who you are. Included are such gems as
What's Your Ideal Career?
Who Were You in a Past Life?
What Kind of Coffee Are You?
Kissing Purity Test
How American Are You?
What's Your Summer Anthem?
What Flavor Ice Cream Are You?
World's Shortest Personality Test
Who's Your Daddy?

OK, look, who's taking these things? And does anyone actually believe that they tell you anything about yourself? I know of several people who are apparently addicted to these little chunks of pseudo-psychology. Why? I'm guessing for the same reason that people get hung up on psychics, fortune-tellers, chiropractors and politicians. They tell you what you want to know, and dress it up as an independent evaluation of you. In short, they tell you you're worth a shit, and come up with a babbling brook of BS to explain why this isn't just an opinion -- you REALLY, REALLY ARE a prince among men. Or women. Or Princess. Crap, you know what I mean.

As an example of some time-wasting BS wherein your life pulse is determined, not by extensive analysis, 1000-question tests, interviews, shrinks, and experienced interviewers, but rather by about 10 pretty much random questions, I took the "interview" called "What Kind of Soul Are You?"Fucking ridiculous, that's what it is. The freakin' test, not my soul. Well, it's KINDA ridiculous. My soul, not the test. Errr...nevermind.

And the results? Here ya' go:


You Are a Warrior Soul





You're a strong person and sometimes seen as intimidating.
You don't give up. You're committed and brave.
Truly adventuresome, you are not afraid of going to battle.
Extremely protective of loved ones, you root for the underdog.

You are picky about details and rigorous in your methods.
You also value honesty and fairness a great deal.
You can be outspoken, intimidating, headstrong, and demanding.
You're a hardliner who demands the best from themselves and others.

Souls you are most compatible with: Old Soul and Peacemaker Soul

Uhmmm. Well. OK, it's accurate this time, but that's only a fluke. I'll bet the next one I take is WAY off.

Asbestos "Warrior Soul" Dust. Oooh. I quite like that....

In Our Next Episode: I take a test to see if my dick's bigger than yours. And/Or your significant other's.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like that test ... it told me I was a Dreaming Soul and I wanted to be a Warrior Soul. And the nerve of the damned test people to say this about me:

    you see the world through rose colored glasses.

    Well piss on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YIPPEE!! I took it again and just picked the first thing in each category that came to mind, rather than being too contemplative. And I'm a Warrior Soul! Hooray! I'm a damned Warrior Soul! I'm going to go shoot something for dinner.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!