Saturday, May 22, 2010

Comma

I just went back and fixed one on a post that's over a week old. Really, does anyone give a flying fuck about a comma in an old post? Or a new one, for that matter?
Apparently, this is one of the symptoms of turning into me; being increasingly afflicted with more OCD twitches than Howie Mandel in a shit blizzard.

In Our Next Episode: Howie Mandel in a shit blizzard. Which strikes me as a fine idea for some sort of game show.

2 comments:

  1. I would do that, if I noticed it, but I am getting comma-sloppy lately. What I mean is that I've been using fewer of them and I like this. Makes my writing flow more smoothly. Not sure how I fell into this habit, but whatev it works well for my current WIP, which is supposed to be unclear whether the 3rd person chapters are happening outside the 1st person's head.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad was laughing at himself for the same thing. Had made my son a birthday card and tossed and redone it because of a missing comma. I looked at the original and could see what he meant and admitted I would have done it too.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!