Monday, May 10, 2010

Frank Frazetta Is Dead

I started following him back in the old days when he used to do covers for paperback versions of the "Conan the Barbarian" series. As a result, I have unusually high standards for my barbarian women, and have never for a second been able to take the movie versions seriously: (Click the pix for the full version.)


This is NOT your Ah-Nuld version of Conan the Barbarian.

In Our Next Episode: How Frazetta warmed my adolescent nights...Also, how I came to have such realistic expectations of women.

 

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, oh yes. I kept all my old Conans from Ace Books. Hardware store near my house had a book section. Some old paperbacks must never be discarded. I always wanted to be another Frank Frazetta, but I think my doodles were too finely focused on the subject for the art to develop.

    I restarted here:
    http://mytypewriterbroke.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lost an artist, I lost a writer, as it were: Peter O'Donnell, creator of Modesty Blaise.

    Every once in a while I'll see somebody that looks like he or she modeled for a graphic novel, and it delights me that the artist did not exaggerate.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!