Friday, September 3, 2010

The Important Stuff


Thinking about flushing the blog. I've been there before - sometimes walked away from it for REALLY long periods. But this time, the feeling's pretty strong.

I've been to all the interesting stuff - life, death, money, sex, drugs, religion, motorcycles, those crusty spots I've been finding on my...no, wait, we didn't do that one, did we?

And redheads. Lots of redheads. Mostly redheads, actually.  I like redheads.

Where were we?

Ah, yeah, the blog. Well, the bottom line is, it's losing its "fun" factor. And apparently, I'm not the only one with that problem. Check the "links" list to find out how many dead blogs I used to follow.  I mean ARCHER'S blog went tits up. I wouldn't have called that one. But I'm beginning to see what the problem was.

At least he had a bazillion readers. I have considerably fewer than that. That's not to say the blog doesn't get a lot of his, because it has, but almost all of them are perverts looking for Kari Byron's ass.  No, really::


That's except for the Germans, who are all here to jerk off at "Diaper Girl" and "Clown Porn:":


I mean, seriously, WTF is wrong with them freakin' Germans?

Anyhow, I like writing for the few who are here to actually read and/or argue with me. But with a crew that small, (and getting smaller, as far as I can tell) I think familiarity breeds contempt. Or at least boredom.  I had one ask me not long ago whether I'd repeated a posting.  Well, no, I hadn't, but I wouldn't be even slightly surprised to find out that it SOUNDED familiar.I mean, how many times can you argue around the dinner table before everyone knows everyone else's next sentence?

At any rate, I've got some time where I'll be away from it for awhile anyhow. I'll consider whether I want to come back to it. But if you come here someday and I'm gone - it's me, not you.

In Our Next Episode: I discuss whether there IS a next episode.

3 comments:

  1. That means you'll have to increase your e-mail responsibilities, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it weren't for Wordless Wednesdays my blog would be dead, too. But I won't give up my outlet. Posting notes on Facebook just isn't as satisfying.

    If you do pack it in, Dust, I will miss your excellent writing. And redheads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We'll have to require him to write his stories and e-mail them to us all. A 'Dust mail list!

    But then he might require us to send him photos of redheads.

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!