Friday, September 24, 2010

Night Ride

If you ain't a biker, you won't get this, and probably never will - but wow. Just fucking wow. What a night for a ride. I put 200 miles on just because I didn't want to stop. When you've got a moon like that, and a night like this to ride under it -- well, when you're under a moon like this you've just GOT to ride, or howl, or have whole-body sex in the silver light, or stand in the desert holding your breath and listening to the earth rush up into the black sky, a long, harmonic exhalation of soft night sounds and whispering breezes vibrating your bones and soul into subsonic tune with the universe.

Or, if you're REALLY lucky, maybe all that.

And if you didn't do any of it, I feel sorry for you.


In Our Next Episode: The poetry of falling asleep on the job the day after putzing around in the moonlight 'til 1:00 AM.

3 comments:

  1. Feel sorry for me - with one exception: I get to read this blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, 'net crack, this is beautiful. Did you take that photo? If so, do you have a high resolution image you could share with me? I think I want to print it and hang it on my wall. Seriously. I took a photo of the full moon the night before you posted this.

    Today, Althea saw "ball!" up there (she pointed)! so I taught her the sign for moon. We've been talking about the moon, that looks like a ball, in the sky, ALL MORNING LONG. Yes. The moon. Yes, dear. Yes. We saw the moon that looks like a ball in the sky. It's been a bit on the repetitive side.

    No more interesting posts from you, m'friend, you and gekko and Hope are sucking back in to the vortex of losing my soul. STOP THAT. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Well, Don't Just Sit There -- Say Something!