[A fair number get here by doing Google/Yahoo searches on "Trish Ahrensfield," or "Jennifer Connelly Naked," or some such. There was the one guy who was looking for "Doper Sheep and Sturgis Biker Bitches", which may not be as odd a combination as you might think, although I find that mixing leather-clad women and sheep generally results in someone getting eaten. Then ya' gotta figure out what to do with the sheep.In any event, I happened to notice that the counter on the thing had run up to 1000. Checking the counter page, I find that my Redheaded Canadian Commie Babe correspondent (or someone else from Calgary, which would be an odd coincidence) was The One who bumped me into four digits, at least on this counter.
Barump-bump....]
[Shame she got here to find out I haven't updated for quite a while -- she's one of those who posts in her blog about every 15 minutes, so she's likely disappointed. I don't know how anyone has the time, but she's not the only one who seems to have a life and still manages to spend 24/7 blogging about it. More on my failure to post later.]Back to the counter: I had a previous counter a year or so ago that got bumped pretty good, too, but I dumped it and did without any for months, and therefore haven't a clue how many people actually have hit this site. Suppose I should pay more attention. I've decided that running up over 1000 on the current counter is a momentous occasion at least for the purpose of JD consumption. Thanks, Nox, I'll try to think of some appropriately smarmy method of expressing my appreciation. Anyhow, I can now fire down a couple more JD-on-the-rocks with a clear, if somewhat numb, conscience. It's a celebration, after all yeah?
So, where have I been? Long story, that, and stone boring. To summarize, as I told PJ, since we last spoke, got my bike fixed, went on a run with a crew of marginally reputable sorts that involved 6 hours per day of hard riding for three consecutive days and hard drinking in piss-ant little bars all over Oklahoma and Arkansas four consecutive nights, got drunk, got sober, got sick (unrelated), got well, got assigned to work a project that's had me out of town for over a week, got back into town, and just had two very good looking young women show me their tits in rush-hour traffic for no apparent reason which, while very nice, was oddly without context. Perhaps they were just trying to get me to wreck my bike, in which case they were sorely disappointed, inasmuch as I've seen tits before and haven't come close to running off the road over them since I was about 16.
But I'm back for the moment, and will actually post now and again. For one thing, I'd like to explore the theory that someone came up with that explains why our ('Merican's) violent crime rate is down HUGELY since the early 90s. (Yeah, I know, it seems like it's up, but it ain't -- it's all press BS.)
It turns out that the reason may be that abortion was legalized in 1973 (Roe vs Wade). That means that a ton o' po' folk, culturally disadvantaged sorts, and members of festering genetic tidal pools and "cultural" backwaters who are HUGE contributors to the violent crime rate and who would have otherwise produced another crop of criminal maggotry, didn't.
Instead, beginning in '73, there was an enormous upsurge in medically Hoovering all them li'l fetal gang-bangers, angry Negros, and redneck trailer trash into oblivion (along with the occasional Einstein or Mozart and a gigantic batch of Democratic voters). An unexpected and beneficial medical side-effect of this process was that it short-circuited all those fetus' otherwise near-certain destiny as 18-25 year old career criminal scumbags.
Evidentally, being suddenly shlurped into a biohazard bag is a "life-changing event," on par with "getting religion."
Now, here's the curious coincidence: Since 18-25 year olds are responsible for the lion's share of violent crime, what should have happened? You're right -- there was a steep decline in the violent crime rate beginning 18-25 years after 1973 (1991 - 1998) which then more-or-less leveled out and continues to this day.
Now, it occurs to me that if this theory pans out, aborting all them socially disadvantaged sorts could be considered a preemptive application of the death penalty or, alternately, that all them shitbirds sitting on death row in Texas can be considered as candidates for VERY late term abortions (many as much as 200th trimester).
Either way, the funny part is watching all the anti-DP folk scrambling trying to explain why these two things (the abortions and the crime rate) are unrelated. Y'see, if it turns out that the theory's good, then we now have long-term statistical evidence (30+ years) that killing large wads of criminal maggots DOES have a salutory effect on the general social welfare, and that, after all, is what us liberals are all about.
More later...
In Our Next Episode: I interact with the local non-aborted populace and make new friends
Hah! I love this post!
ReplyDeleteYeah, figgered there'd be something in there to piss off EVERYONE. My mission in life....
ReplyDelete- AD -